Author Topic: 3.2 Bugs  (Read 20525 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
3.2 Bugs
« on: November 21, 2008, 12:35:31 PM »
(copied from the Installation thread)

I just realised that when I sent out the patch, I might have had some SM events turned off. To check, click on Event List on the Events windows and scroll down to see if any events have a gray background. If they have, double click to turn them back on. The one I am particularly concerned about is the New Contact event - oops! :)

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: 3.2 Bugs
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 12:42:05 PM »
A planet can have has dust in the atmosphere that is lowering the temperature (due to bombardment). That dust will subside over time. However, the game isn't automatically changing the temperature as the dust levels slowly reduce. I''ll fix this for the next patch but in the meantime if you click the Update Atmos button on the Environment section of the Pop window occasionally that will also fix it.

When fixing this I also realised that because I directly entered the Earth's characteristics into the database, rather than working out the correct base temperature, when you update the atmosphere on Earth you end up with a much higher temperature. This is fixed in the next version because I have worked backwards and ensured the Earth's base temperature is set correctly so that using the game rules, the actual surface temperature will end up at the right amount. Of couse, this is only a problem if someone nukes the Earth in the first place :)

Steve

Offline backstab

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 04:07:03 AM »
Steve,

When I am designing a Race I get
Error 3265 was generated by DAO. Fields Item no found in this collection
Just before it works out the industry
Move foward and draw fire

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 11:41:48 AM »
Quote from: "backstab"
Steve,

When I am designing a Race I get
Error 3265 was generated by DAO. Fields Item no found in this collection
Just before it works out the industry

This happens to me on pre-TN races when it is generating starting ship designs.

Offline alanwebber

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • a
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 12:20:12 PM »
Starting a pre -TNT campaign, I have 2 nations whohave launched spy bases (with active sensors) and both have provided research data for duranium armour which they haven't researched yet so is not present on either base.

Alan
Regards

Alan Webber

Offline Shinanygnz

• Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 12:34:10 PM »
Error in PopulateShipyardComplexes
Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow

Started with pre-TN (and got the same error as already reported).  I designed and built a geosurvey ship no problem.  Shipyard is up to 2500 capacity.  Designed a new 2500 warship, but Aurora told me completion of retooling would be immediate (i.e. same date/time as current) then blanked the boxes on clicking Set Activity, but hasn't set the class.  Tried a couple more times, but get this error.  Now get it when hitting F2 after loading up and when I try to retool it says "First Shipyard is currently retooling to build the Karhae class. are you sure you want to change the shipyard activity?"  If I click Yes, I get the error again.  I tried adding another 500 capacity, designing a smaller warship and retooling back to the survey ship.  Same error.

I then built a new shipyard complex, added capacity (using SM mod) and I can set retool tasks now

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 10:38:44 PM »
The Max Tracking Time vs Missiles line of tech can be researched prior to discovering trans-newtonian tech, as can Crew Quarters (Small), Fuel Storage (Small), Magazine (Small), and Magazine (Large).

Offline rdgam

• Chief Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 07:48:24 AM »
I had a new 3.2 game (Terran at Sol) and when a cargo fleet picked up 4 mass drivers and was order to deliver 1 to each of 4 different colonies, it dropped all 4 off at the first colony.
Also the pickup of a prefabbed PDC just deletes it.  I built one and tried to move it to mars.  It was going to require 3 trips of my cargo fleet.  After the first pickup there was nothing on the ships, at mars or on earth.

Offline alanwebber

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • a
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 01:44:30 PM »
If you have an item in the research queue which is completed via active scanning, it is not removed from the list and Is researched again at full cost.

Alan
Regards

Alan Webber

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 04:23:45 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
(copied from the Installation thread)

I just realised that when I sent out the patch, I might have had some SM events turned off. To check, click on Event List on the Events windows and scroll down to see if any events have a gray background. If they have, double click to turn them back on. The one I am particularly concerned about is the New Contact event - oops! :)

Steve

For the record, the Events turned off in SM View are 'Missile Launch', 'New Contact', and 'Weapon Reloading'.  The Asian Federation, Terran Commonwealth and Tulan Confederation have no events turned off, and the Japanese Empire and the Union of South American States have only 'New Contact' turned off.

I mention this because - and I don't know if it's my eyes or my (flatscreen LCD) monitor - I can't see a difference between events that are turned on and those that are turned off unless get right next to the screen and look across it, basically parallel.  Ideally, I'd like the events that are turned on to show up (on the on/off list) in the same colours as they do in the event list, and have 'off' events show a much darker background.  Oh, and while I'm on the subject of ideal, is there any chance we could get the one long list of events to show up as three or four columns that all fit on the screen at once?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 12:55:25 AM »
The 'SM Mods' window has no entry for maintenance supplies, as I recently discovered after creating my empire on the wrong planet.  I was able to move everything else by hand, but was forced to abandon two years' worth of maintenance.  No real harm done, as I credited the mineral stockpiles with the appropriate raw materials, and I'll have plenty of time to re-manufacture.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 03:29:59 AM »
A size 1 missile launcher costs 6.  All other missie launchers (size 2 through 24) cost 4 per space - except for size 9 missile launchers, which cost 38 instead of 36.  It makes sense to me to charge a premium on the smallest launcher, but clearly the size 9 tubes are out of whack.

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 06:36:54 AM »
There seems to be a problem with retaining multiple levels of armor.  I'm designing a replacement for my ICBM missile bases and try to add armor, but when I come back to it afterward it has only 1 level of armor.  I have Duranium Armor tech, so it's not conventional armor.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 07:19:14 AM »
Quote from: "Father Tim"
The Max Tracking Time vs Missiles line of tech can be researched prior to discovering trans-newtonian tech, as can Crew Quarters (Small), Fuel Storage (Small), Magazine (Small), and Magazine (Large).
The Max Tracking is a bug, which I have fixed for v3.3. The others are intended as you get the basic version of each as a Pre-TN race.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 07:20:02 AM »
Quote from: "James Patten"
There seems to be a problem with retaining multiple levels of armor.  I'm designing a replacement for my ICBM missile bases and try to add armor, but when I come back to it afterward it has only 1 level of armor.  I have Duranium Armor tech, so it's not conventional armor.
Just to check, did this new design start from scratch or did you copy the ICBM base and modify it?

Steve