Author Topic: Hevereyn: Dark Elven Campaign - Comments  (Read 3206 times)

Offline doodle_sm (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Discord Username: doodleSM
Hevereyn: Dark Elven Campaign - Comments
« on: October 06, 2021, 03:34:28 PM »
Post comments, questions, and more here!
Maybe, in the end, this was the best that any warrior could hope for. A chance to reconcile with your enemy, or, failing that, to fall in the pursuit of peace

Offline TheBawkHawk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
Re: Hevereyn: Dark Elven Campaign - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 04:06:54 PM »
This looks fun! I always love multi-faction AARs. Will there be any one "main" faction that's followed more closely through the aar, or will the focus be more evenly spread?

As well, I'd love to hear more about the Hevereyn. Is it just a forum where powers can come to discuss, or does it have the means of enforcing its rules on the powers?

The following users thanked this post: doodle_sm

Offline doodle_sm (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 04:11:53 PM »
This looks fun! I always love multi-faction AARs. Will there be any one "main" faction that's followed more closely through the aar, or will the focus be more evenly spread?

As well, I'd love to hear more about the Hevereyn. Is it just a forum where powers can come to discuss, or does it have the means of enforcing its rules on the powers?

Hey! Glad you enjoy the concept! The campaign will be focused on all four of them equally. The Hevereyn is a neutral grounds/forum for the factions to discuss. In the future, this may change as the campaign progresses
Maybe, in the end, this was the best that any warrior could hope for. A chance to reconcile with your enemy, or, failing that, to fall in the pursuit of peace

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 04:27:49 PM »
Looking forward to seeing where this goes! It is about time for a new multiple-PR game on this board.

Offline El Pip

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 02:44:33 AM »
As others have said this does look fun. I also think the phrase "Legal means reasonable" is going to see some very stretched and dubious definitions of reasonable, given the apparent hatreds between some of the factions.

Offline doodle_sm (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 11:58:21 AM »
Short post today, wanted to get it out however. Lengther posts in the future :)

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2021, 12:08:18 PM »
I must agree with my colleague's analysis of the Dark Elven legal system, and eagerly await the proof of this analysis.

It is rumored the attacks may have been sent by the Dahanii Tribes. The Dahanii state in the Hevereyn that it was not them who sent the Dunelanders. Indrias Witches begin to foresee into the future; they see a desperate and broken faction attempting to scrounge what little they have.

"So, let me get this straight: if we ask you for proof, you'll just tell us to 'wait and see'?"
"Yes."
"And meanwhile, based on your foresight of the future we should attack the Dahanii for this affront?"
"Yes."
"And then wait to see if they are desperate and broken, after we beat the crap out of them?"
"I don't understand what is confusing about this."

A clerk notes that: "It's a shame that Marayne or Alvnel didn't rip the throat of the soothsaying representative. The spectacle would have made the debate quicker and more entertaining."

Well, quicker anyways.

The first law is that all ships must have an active transponder running at all times. The second law is that technology that shrouds a vessel is illegal.

These laws are cited in the Dark Elven phrase dictionary, under "It's only illegal if you get caught".

As a result, House Indrett completes the design of the Seid class Survey Ship. The ship goes into immediate production in the Hadric Marine Industries shipyard.

I suspect that House Indrett is going to regret not making those engines...hmm, about 50 tons bigger, in a few more tech levels once the mystical and ancient demarcation between Military and Commercial Jump Drives is discovered and codified into law by Indrias incantations or some such.

Off to a good start. For now it seems that the various factions are remaining mostly at peace but I suspect that once competition for extraplanetary resources begins in earnest cooler heads will find it difficult to prevail.

Offline doodle_sm (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2021, 09:18:35 AM »
I've been keeping Dahanii tribe's activity mostly shrouded in the fog of war, as they don't keep records or any form of bureaucratic proceedings (beyond their attendance at the Hevereyn.) I hope everyone enjoys the bickering factions, I aim for at least one of them to leave the Falldaris system by the end of the next chapter.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2021, 01:39:01 PM »
May 18th, 1008
The Dahanii retaliate by stealing engine component technology from the Indrett researchers. The engine is then improved by the Dahanii craftsmen. The first Dahanii Survey Ship (named Falskar) is a modified hull of the Seid class Survey Ship. However, they noticed a crucial error of the Indrett engine design (by 50 tons.) The Dahanii make their own improvements.

Dahanii oracles tell a message humorously addressed to the Indrett:
Math was never a strength of the martial Indrett people.

Excellent.

House Indrias witches finish scrying the power of Nuclear Thermal Engines. After capturing a scientist from House Indrett, the technology completed for House Indrias.

"You claim that you discovered this technology by purely supernatural means?"
"Yes."
"But did you not just extract all of the details from this prisoner by torture?"
"That is how we know we discovered the correct technology."

At the moment, no premonitions of leaving the Falldaris system have been received by any faction's researchers or witches. Besides the Fellshard, who keep it a coveted secret.

"You are certain that no Dark Elf will leave this star system?"
"Yes."
"But how can you be certain?"
"We have not foreseen this."
"Interesting..."

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2021, 03:39:44 PM »
Author's Note: I lost the writing document I had for this chapter. A lot of this will be coming from my memory.

That's unfortunate. Personally I write my updates in Google Docs so there's usually no risk of losing any work, although the downside has been that I can't really write if my internet service is on the fritz, which is a downside considerably more often than it has any right to be.

I'll be curious to see what the result of a war will be, presumably different factions will want to take advantage of each other's weakness but the end result may just leave every faction too weak to advance into the interstellar era...

Offline El Pip

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2021, 04:41:17 PM »
I'll be curious to see what the result of a war will be, presumably different factions will want to take advantage of each other's weakness but the end result may just leave every faction too weak to advance into the interstellar era...
It does have that feeling about it doesn't it? Desperate House leaders doing stupid things when they all live on the same planet and there's nothing of note in space to rebuild from.

Offline doodle_sm (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2021, 05:38:43 PM »
...Desperate House leaders doing stupid things when they all live on the same planet and there's nothing of note in space to rebuild from.
The RNG this campaign was VERY rough. There are no inhabitable planets and no sources for Sorium.

Offline doodle_sm (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2021, 11:57:37 AM »
Finally escaped the system. RNG strikes again.

Offline El Pip

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2021, 02:31:34 PM »
Finally escaped the system. RNG strikes again.
Putting it mildly!

Still there should be other JPs in the home system and hopefully one of them leads somewhere worthwhile. Of course that will take time and I'm not sure how much time the planet has before one of the Houses gets desperate and does something rash.

Offline doodle_sm (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2021, 11:56:43 AM »
Early post so that I can experiment with a new style in the next chapter.