Author Topic: Sensor / Contact Query  (Read 1324 times)

Offline davidr (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Sensor / Contact Query
« on: May 04, 2012, 06:19:30 AM »
I have a sensor vessel equipped with EM and Thermal sensors in a System. In the event log at the end of a time increment I am advised that there are Hostile Contacts with speed and Thermal Signature readings. However there are no hostile contacts showing on the map even with the "show all contacts" box ticked. Can anyone enlighten me as to what I need to do to see the hostile contacts on the map if my sensor vessel can identify them. I need to know which way to flee as the sensor vessel is slower than the hostile contacts but cannot at present because the map shows no hostiles.

DavidR  

Just a thought - is it only Active Search Sensors on a vessel which will show hostile contacts on the map , whilst the passive sensors will acknowledge the existence of hostiles but will be unable to pinpoint their location ?

« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 06:58:36 AM by davidr »

Offline xeryon

• Captain
Re: Sensor / Contact Query
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 07:13:22 AM »
The system map doesn't always refresh hostile contacts for me unless I refresh the page.  There is a refresh page button at the top of the system map.  Alternatively you can change the map to another system and back again or close and reopen the page completely to accomplish the same feat.

This is what I do when I have this problem and is seems to do the trick.

Offline Person012345

• Captain
Re: Sensor / Contact Query
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 07:14:32 AM »
You're looking for "thermal signature" on the map right? It won't show any information about the contact afaik, it should show it as a thermal contact. Are you sure it's saying the contact is hostile? If so, do you have any known enemy population centres? I think those show up as thermal contacts, but not on the map.