Author Topic: Beta/trial release of 5.70?  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Texashawk (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
Beta/trial release of 5.70?
« on: August 06, 2012, 03:39:42 PM »
Steve - Since 5.70 seems more and more like a 'kitchen sink and more' version, would it be possible or even desired to release a 'beta' of it? I think we all know that Aurora is 'ongoing' software and I think you'd find that you have some very forgiving (and eager!) fans who would be willing to put an early version of 5.7 through its paces. Obviously, if the heart patient's still opened up on the table this wouldn't apply but if everything more or less 'works' and you're more concerned with tweaking I have a feeling you'd find plenty of 'volunteers'!  ;D

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Beta/trial release of 5.70?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 04:09:06 PM »
I'm 13 years into a test campaign at the moment (not the multi-national start I posted earlier as that was taking too long). I am still debugging and there are still some missing pieces I haven't coded yet, such as what happens when a ship is undermanned, or the procedure for life support failure, but I am getting there. It will definitely be a beta when I release it :) because there are so many changes I am certain to have missed something.

Steve

Offline Mysterius

• Petty Officer
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 06:36:13 AM »
Any ETA for 5.70, Steve?

I stopped playing a few monthes ago because of job matters and i've got time again, but i'm the kind of person who cannot start a new game when there's a good update coming  ;D.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:29:15 AM by Mysterius »
Quote from: Atlantia
Quote from: Person012345
The commission of the first Dwarf class mining ship. 

I hope it menaces with spikes of Duranium and is adorned with hanging rings of Corbomite!

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 08:08:23 AM »
To be fair, the actual released version of aurora is a beta version, there are always bugs that need ironing out and the game is still (and probably always will be - at least until steve gets bored with it) a work-in-progress.