Author Topic: Ruin Recovery  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Sloshmonger (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
Ruin Recovery
« on: September 11, 2012, 09:50:01 AM »
I'm trying to update the wiki with the ruin recovery mechanics, and have a few questions.  So far, this is what I have:
When you have at least one engineer on a planet where you have deciphered the ruins, you will eventually start to recover the ruins.

There are three outcomes:

Not Successful (Engineer Brigade Name) has attempted to recover an alien installation on (body) but the installation was beyond repair. 
Successful (Engineer Brigade Name) has recovered an abandoned (installation type) on (body) 
Vault (Engineer Brigade Name) has disturbed an underground vault on (body) that contains hostile robotic soldiers 

Each production cycle, an engineering brigade has a chance to make a recovery roll on an installation. If this roll is unsuccessful, nothing happens. If it is successful, then there is a chance that the facility they recover is unable to be repaired. The chance of this happening determined by taking a random roll from 1-200 and comparing it to 200 - (Engineer Brigade Morale + Xenology Bonus of the Brigade commander).

For example, a new engineer brigade with morale of 100 and a Xenology bonus of 5% should have a success rate of (200 - (100 + 5))=95 versus a 1-200 roll, or about 52%. Since engineer brigades can gain morale and bonus increase with each successful recovery, a seasoned engineer brigade with morale of 118 and bonus of 22% might have a success rate of (200 - (118 + 22))=60 versus a 1-200 roll, or about 70%.
Once an Engineer Brigade successfully recovers an installation, a roll from 1-200 takes place to determine which installation is recovered.

1-11 Minerals
12-15 Missiles 
16-17 Mass Driver 
18-22 Maintenance Facility (Random between 1-5  )
23-37 Construction Factory 
38-45 Ordnance Factory 
46-49 Fighter Factory 
50 Commercial Spaceport 
51-57 Fuel Refinery 
58-71 Infrastructure   
72-76 Deep Space Tracking Station 
77-82 Research Lab 
83-87 Terraforming Installation 
88-94 Fuel Random quantity 
95-96 Ground Force Training Facility 
97 Duranium
98 Neutronium
99 Sorium
100 Shipyard 
101-150 Mine 
151-200 Automated Mine 
1) where do defenders enter into it? Are they determined by the first 1-200 roll above, or are they determined by the recovery table
2) ship components are not detailed in the table. Are they included with Missiles?
3) Genetic Modification centers are also not in the table

Offline Theokrat

• Lt. Commander
Re: Ruin Recovery
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 10:42:59 AM »
Also what about technology?

Offline Sloshmonger (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
Re: Ruin Recovery
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 10:46:11 AM »
In addition, each time you recover a facility you have a chance to gain an un-researched tech in a related field. The chance is low for normal facilities and higher for Research Facilities.

For example, recovering a Mine could give you "Mining Production ## Tons", with the tech level being the next level that has not been fully researched.

Recovering a Research Facility may grant technology that cannot be otherwise researched, and is the only way of finding some technology.

Had that covered.