Author Topic: Conditional combat orders?  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Charlie Beeler (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Conditional combat orders?
« on: November 11, 2007, 09:17:19 AM »
Not sure if this really should be in suggestions instead.  If so, Erik please move.  Thanks

These probably have more to do with my only recently started playing with Aurora instead of just loosely reading the post traffic.

1)  Is there a way to issue conditional combat orders?  I found how to tell the task group to try to standoff at X range in the TG screen.  But nothing similiar to when you reach range XX fire Z weapon.  It appears to be fire or hold fire, when fire execution being dependent on whether your within weapons and fire control range and have a sensor lock.

2)  In fighter construction I see that Sensors can be constructed into the fighter but appear to have no effect other than to take space.  Actual function appears to be dependent on the carrier only.  What have I missed?

3) Do fighters have the same ability to be issued a standoff range as the task group?

4)  It appears that fighters cannot be pre-loaded for an initial sortie.  The ability to seperate arming/fueling from luanch orders would be useful and probably already there, I just haven't figured it out yet.  (ie I get a sensor contact and want to ready my strike group but not launch since it could be hours before I'm in fighter range)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Charlie Beeler »
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 07:30:27 AM »
Figured #4 out.  I was not setting the loads up correctly.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 12:38:58 PM »
I think I found my issue with #2,  Fighter Sensors over 0 are dependent on the level of Thermal Sensor development.

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Conditional combat orders?
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 03:37:48 AM »
Sorry's its taken me a while to answer this.

Quote from: "Charlie Beeler"
Not sure if this really should be in suggestions instead.  If so, Erik please move.  Thanks

These probably have more to do with my only recently started playing with Aurora instead of just loosely reading the post traffic.

1)  Is there a way to issue conditional combat orders?  I found how to tell the task group to try to standoff at X range in the TG screen.  But nothing similiar to when you reach range XX fire Z weapon.  It appears to be fire or hold fire, when fire execution being dependent on whether your within weapons and fire control range and have a sensor lock.
There are no conditional combat orders as described above. All open fire orders are done manually on the Ship or Battle windows. One option may be for me to add an actual Open Fire order to the standard orders list. So you the order sequence might be:

Move within 400k km
Open Fire
Follow at 400k km.

3) Do fighters have the same ability to be issued a standoff range as the task group?

Not at the moment. Its a good idea though.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by SteveAlt »

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Conditional combat orders?
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 07:56:03 PM »
Quote from: "SteveAlt"
Sorry's its taken me a while to answer this.

No problem, real life has a way getting in the way.

Quote from: "Charlie Beeler"

There are no conditional combat orders as described above. All open fire orders are done manually on the Ship or Battle windows. One option may be for me to add an actual Open Fire order to the standard orders list. So you the order sequence might be:

Move within 400k km
Open Fire
Follow at 400k km.

In both fighter group and task group orders would be great.  

Not at the moment. Its a good idea though.

Steve

I slip up every now and again with a good idea.   :wink: