Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 267177 times)

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #1515 on: August 19, 2016, 12:09:22 PM »
I wonder if the OST will stand up to that use of nukes in space.

Offline Drgong

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1516 on: August 20, 2016, 12:13:58 AM »
I wonder if the OST will stand up to that use of nukes in space.

We shall see.  the terrorist scum never agreed to it, but we might see someone decide if the terrorists are using nukes, then they should too. 
Check out or Join my Community Game
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=235.0
Also check out my stories, including Interactive tales.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=239.0

Offline Viridia

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #1517 on: September 13, 2016, 09:25:44 AM »
Deleted my copy of Aurora last week after it kept coming up with a never-ending error message everytime I opened it. Sadly I've lost the most up-to-date copy of my designs for my Honorverse game, and I can only hope to reconstruct them with an older design sheet.

Going to redownload it though, and see where the wind takes me. Kind of itching to do a 40k themed game, but that can wait for v7.20, so I might do an XCOM-themed playthrough this time.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #1518 on: September 22, 2016, 11:47:29 AM »
A planet somewhat suitable for habitability, it was discovered to contain over 200million Duranium and 70milion Neutronium. Good thing to as I was just getting short on both and the only other quantities are a few hundred thousand on Venus and Mercury and trace amounts in a few other systems.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #1519 on: September 24, 2016, 03:38:08 PM »
Im slooooooooooooowly building up my home planet.
I started at the custom planet with 80 mil people and Tier 3 ruins ( 250 installations ). Planet is not terraformed - it has 1.5 G, 2.5 ATM with 0.4 oxygen and -14 average temperature. I have a gigantic orbital habitat in place that can house 10 mil people ( RP thing ) and infra in place for the rest ( 132mil at the moment ).

Budget is extra tight because i started with 0 money and if i try to build anything with CF's im at the loss...

I dont have any pre-generated NPR's but all spoilers are on so i can get glassed at any moment  ;D
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline Drgong

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1520 on: September 24, 2016, 09:43:16 PM »
My lunar colony (when the moon has no value except real estate) grew from 10,000 to 8 million in 3 months, totally by the private sector.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #1521 on: September 25, 2016, 06:01:54 AM »
Im slooooooooooooowly building up my home planet.
I started at the custom planet with 80 mil people and Tier 3 ruins ( 250 installations ). Planet is not terraformed - it has 1.5 G, 2.5 ATM with 0.4 oxygen and -14 average temperature. I have a gigantic orbital habitat in place that can house 10 mil people ( RP thing ) and infra in place for the rest ( 132mil at the moment ).

Budget is extra tight because i started with 0 money and if i try to build anything with CF's im at the loss...

I dont have any pre-generated NPR's but all spoilers are on so i can get glassed at any moment  ;D

Had to restart that one. My Aurora had to be shutdown while loading and that somehow frakked the wrapper and it wouldn't start so i had to unpack the fresh Aurora copy ...
So i set it up again, the same only this time ruins are "Deserted Intact City".
I send my xenologists and they discover almost 1.5k instalations of the TIER 5 !!! Empire .....  :o 8) ;D I like where this is going :D
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.

Offline bitbucket

• Chief Petty Officer
  • b
« Reply #1522 on: September 25, 2016, 10:20:29 AM »
My lunar colony (when the moon has no value except real estate) grew from 10,000 to 8 million in 3 months, totally by the private sector.

This happens all the time in my games when I open up Luna for colonization. That short 384,000km hop from Earth means civilians can move a lot of people in a very short time.

I eventually colonize just about everything with enough warmth and gravity to become habitable with a reasonable amount of terraforming (the cutoff for 'reasonable' being needing more than 1.5 atmospheres of gas to be added/removed); even if there's no minerals—of course, anything potentially habitable with minerals gets first priority. Space is vast and empty, so any place you can stand and breathe without being in a duranium can is precious.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #1523 on: September 25, 2016, 02:09:43 PM »
So my home system has 4 JP. I decide to poke around and i find one empty system, one with single useless planet and TWO perfectly habitable planets surrounded by swarms of moons and asteroids... With two hostile civilizations on them ...

I swear to god, this game hates me ...  :'(

Offline Drgong

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1524 on: September 25, 2016, 03:54:14 PM »
So my home system has 4 JP. I decide to poke around and i find one empty system, one with single useless planet and TWO perfectly habitable planets surrounded by swarms of moons and asteroids... With two hostile civilizations on them ...

I swear to god, this game hates me ...  :'(

Hopefully they can be hostile to each other as well.  Time to earn that system  :)

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #1525 on: September 26, 2016, 02:03:58 PM »
Hopefully they can be hostile to each other as well.  Time to earn that system  :)

Im sorry i wrote that wrong.
Out of four JP's from my home system :
1 leads to system without any planet
1 leads to one with single useless planet
1 leads to system with 0 colony cost planet, 4-5 rocky planets, moons and asteroids AND HOSTILE CIV
and ANOTHER ONE leads to ANOTHER system with 0 colony cost planet, 4-5 rocky planets, moons and asteroids AND HOSTILE CIV.

They dont have contact with eachother, they just started to pound my ass ...

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #1526 on: September 27, 2016, 05:36:09 AM »
I think I would rather have your system layout then what I usually get, which is something like ~10 jumps before finding another alien civilisation.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1527 on: October 02, 2016, 05:11:48 PM »
Wanted to test some sensors. For that purpose I switched a freighter to another player which I had set up as a "test enemy" and gave it the command to move away from the sensor ship to see when it disappears. Some civilians shipping around in that area did not like that "enemy freighter" and rammed it to death...  :'(. Next time I should set up a military restriction zone... .

Iranon

« Reply #1528 on: October 04, 2016, 12:31:55 PM »
My battlefleet is off to hopefully wrest a system from the Pricks, who destroyed a Scout/Geosurvey vessel.
In the meantime, Sol is filling up with wrecks: 2 friendly NPRs received trade invitations, but turned out to be less friendly to one another.
Strength-16 energy impacts from one side and 5-damage-missiles in the hundreds from the other make me glad they aren't shooting at me.

Oh, and there's something pink and foreboding 3 jumps from Sol. This is going to be interesting.

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #1529 on: October 04, 2016, 03:21:40 PM »
Sent three waves of combat ships to fight some Precursors. The first two died. The third had an easier job, since the opposition's missile stores were partially exhausted - just suffered heavy damage to one ship. (Without the first two waves dying, I think I might have lost a ship or two in that third wave. They're 51k ton ships loaded with thirty CIWS, armour and shields, so they're pretty sturdy.)

I tried to save the poor souls of those in the first waves, but was too slow. For one, though, I did remember to put emergency cryo on my combat ships, so that survivors can be saved.