Author Topic: Ship names  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Theodidactus (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
Ship names
« on: July 16, 2012, 01:21:33 PM »
for my fleet. You can see more about the actual designs here . The naming conventions (not the designs) are something that I use in a book I'm writing. I try to go for unconventional names from conventional sources.

Landmark Corvettes
- Arirang
- Taroko Gorge
- Pike's Peak
- Death Valley
- Everest
- Gold Peak
- Matterhorn
- Angel's Landing
- Yellowstone
- Caspian Sea
- Taigong Plateu
- Wuhan Valley

New Haven Frigate:
- New Haven
- Battle Creek
- Minsk
- Barcelona
- Corpus Christi
- Taipei
- Montreal
- Vancouver
- Lourdes
- Saratov
- Hammerfest
- Ulan Bator
- Seattle
- Tangiers

Sao Paulo Missile Destroyers
- Sao Paulo
- Singapore
- Rio De Jinero
- Montevideo
- Negambo
- Dar Es Saalam
- Kuala Lampur
- Mambasa
- Jakarta
- Johannasberg

Monarch Battlecruisers
- Trajan
- Huang taiji
- Ramses
- Tamurlane
- Elizabeth
- Boudica
- Brian Boro
- Akbar
- Huangdi

Statesmen War Cruisers
- Winston Churchill
- John F. Kennedy
- Thomas Jefferson
- Sun Yat Sen
- Ajuma Kanyoro

Continental Carriers
- India
- Eurasia
- Africa
- Americas
- Australia

My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline Person012345

• Captain
Re: Ship names
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 09:05:48 PM »
My most recent game I have used Animes as class names and characters from each for individual ship names. It works quite well, although this is just a mess around campaign whilst waiting for 5.7. When 5.7 comes out I'll probably do the same theme, but actually put some thought into which classes best fit which name rather than doing it fairly randomly. But for example, the Index II class (which is now mostly obsolete) contains the PFS Tsuchimikado, the PFS Ruiko, PFS Mikoto, PFS Hamazura and the FPS Fukiyose. The Koismegeru fleet (which was recently decimated in conflict with the humans) has the Itsukushima, the Kamioka and the Suion. A full list can be obtained by wikipedia'ing whatever class name I decide on.

Offline Redshirt

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
Re: Ship names
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 11:07:28 AM »
I'm curious what names Steve has put in the Warhammer 40k theme. I played Battle Fleet Gothic for a bit, but you don't want to know what names I used for my Chaos fleet of Slaanesh.

The Bukkake is, for example, a very appropriate name for a Slaaneshi Torpedo Destroyer.
Living up to my username. . .