Author Topic: Iron Man movie  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Iron Man movie
« on: May 03, 2008, 04:51:55 PM »
I saw this movie this afternoon. One word describes it "Bloody Awesome". Okay. Two words.

I highly recommend this movie if you enjoy the superhero genre of movies. Marvel Studios has come a long way since the 1980's Captain America.

A number of familiar characters are introduced including Obadiah Stane & James Rhodes. While of course some of the canonical history is updated to current times, it does fit well with the history. The CGI was excellent and blended seamlessly into the live action. It was hard to discern what was CGI until thought after the fact.

Jeff Bridges (whom I spent the entire movie trying to figure out who he was) played an excellent Obadiah Stane. Gwynneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts was good also. Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark/Iron Man seems to be a stretch, but he manages a very credible portrayal of the womanizing/drinking industrial playboy.

I saw the movie on an 80mm screen, and the experience was incredible. This is one movie that will get into the DVD collection (next to the X-Men trilogy and Fantastic Four movies).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Erik Luken »