Author Topic: New System Exploration  (Read 1034 times)

Offline RetSpline (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • R
New System Exploration
« on: June 29, 2010, 09:29:09 PM »
Extremely noobish question, it seems, but I have to ask.

I've finally built my first jump gate to a new system, and sent some Geosurvey ships through to check it out. When I got on the other side, however, I saw nothing. Just the star and some Gravitational Survey points. No planets, asteroids, comets, anything. Is this normal? None of my ships in-system have any active sensors, do I need to send something through to scout out the system?

I haven't checked out any other systems, so maybe this one is just a fluke, but any help would be appreciated.

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: New System Exploration
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 11:41:31 PM »
Quote from: "RetSpline"
Extremely noobish question, it seems, but I have to ask.

I've finally built my first jump gate to a new system, and sent some Geosurvey ships through to check it out. When I got on the other side, however, I saw nothing. Just the star and some Gravitational Survey points. No planets, asteroids, comets, anything. Is this normal? None of my ships in-system have any active sensors, do I need to send something through to scout out the system?

I haven't checked out any other systems, so maybe this one is just a fluke, but any help would be appreciated.

Some systems don't have any orbital bodies.  They are somewhat rare, but do pop up now and again.  Just keep surveying and you'll eventually find something worth looking at.

Kurt