Author Topic: Medals, Design and Use?  (Read 1751 times)

Offline Zerris (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • Z
Medals, Design and Use?
« on: July 13, 2010, 06:00:49 PM »
While in the leader screen I noticed the Award Medal option, which while empty made me wonder just what use they are. After searching intensively in the forum and wiki and finding no documentation on that little tidbit whatsoever I'm posting here to ask. How do you design, let alone know when to award a medal. Do the medals do more than just give a bit of flavor to the Officers they are given to, or do they give points to their next promotion?

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Medals, Design and Use?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 09:07:21 PM »
Quote from: "Zerris"
Do the medals do more than just give a bit of flavor to the Officers they are given to, or do they give points to their next promotion?

Yes and Yes.

They give flavor to the officers, plus they give bonus points to their promotion score.

John

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
Re: Medals, Design and Use?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 02:00:52 AM »
Quote from: "Zerris"
While in the leader screen I noticed the Award Medal option, which while empty made me wonder just what use they are. After searching intensively in the forum and wiki and finding no documentation on that little tidbit whatsoever I'm posting here to ask. How do you design, let alone know when to award a medal. Do the medals do more than just give a bit of flavor to the Officers they are given to, or do they give points to their next promotion?
I use medals in my campaigns.  Use the Create Medals button.  Then select New.  Pick the image you want for your medal then give it a name and then put in how many points you want the medal to contribute to the promotion value in the promotion value box.  The reason to award box is self explanatory.  Make sure you save the medal bofore you close the window.  You need to close and reopen the Leaders window and then the medal will be available for use through the award medals button.
Welchbloke