Author Topic: Combat question.  (Read 1195 times)

Offline GenJeFT (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Combat question.
« on: April 03, 2013, 10:30:20 PM »
How do I speed up combat?

I have been doing 5 second turns for 5 hours now. This is insane. Nothing is going to hit me for hours now as me and the other fleet close, the precursors ran out of missiles.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: Combat question.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 12:23:54 AM »
Are you still firing missiles at them? wait until all yours hit and see if the 5 second interval clears up. It could be the precursor trying to shoot down incoming missiles but not having any amms. Once it gets to this stage I typically fire one volley at a time to conserve ammo anyway.

As far as speeding up things in general you can use the space time bubble(activate SM mode, contacts tab on the system map, checkbox at the bottom) to end all processing outside of the system the fight is taking place in, so you can focus on just that fight. be sure to turn that off when you are finished though.

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 09:29:04 AM »
if you've been manually doing 5s turns, that's unnecessary - start stepping it up :)

Judge the time intervals based on what you are doing.  The game will interrupt on new contacts and new IDs.  You are generally safe with decently high intervals on that basis with one important exception.  If both sides have detected eachother - or if one side has short range passives and actives off - it is possible for an inappropriately long interval to deposit a whole group of NPRs right in your face.

It's also possible for some missile salvos to stack up and magically fly through your PD, though that is rare and I'm not sure what causes that.  Probably bad sub-intervals counts. If missiles are in flight from either side, stick to intervals of 1-5 minutes at most, then slow it down once the missiles are detected.

Offline GenJeFT (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 10:17:44 AM »
I figured out why I was stuck with 5 second intervals regardless of what interval I clicked on (the game kept interrupting everything).

I was getting spammed by my units saying they could not find a target when I told them to open fire. Every 5 seconds "Sir! We cant find a target!" sums up the message I was getting in events.

Yay for 6 hours of 5 second intervals before I realized that...