Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 360922 times)

Offline Rince Wind

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #1245 on: January 24, 2021, 02:38:06 PM »
I am. It takes times though, as I am on 30% research speed. Fleet speed is 5k though.

And kiting is difficult, as they don't start shooting at their max range but wait until I am well in range.

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #1246 on: January 24, 2021, 03:32:17 PM »
I am. It takes times though, as I am on 30% research speed. Fleet speed is 5k though.

And kiting is difficult, as they don't start shooting at their max range but wait until I am well in range.
So with a fleet speed of 5000 you will need about 600 railguns

I recommend just avoiding the system until you have better tech

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #1247 on: January 25, 2021, 10:50:23 AM »
Hi, there is something about ground combat I do not understand. Maybe you guys can help me with this one.

I landed on an alien home world with a quite significant force and due to the fact that it is mountain jungle terrain it took me quite some time to dig their forces out. After several month of fighting I am close to winning. The only problem is that there is ONE infantrymen sitting somewhere on the planet refusing to surrender to my remaining 200000 tons of tanks. What am I supposed to do now? How does the surrender mechanics work?

EDIT: They did not manage to engage this guy in over 2 weeks of "combat".

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1248 on: January 25, 2021, 10:54:34 AM »
Hi, there is something about ground combat I do not understand. Maybe you guys can help me with this one.

I landed on an alien home world with a quite significant force and due to the fact that it is mountain jungle terrain it took me quite some time to dig their forces out. After several month of fighting I am close to winning. The only problem is that there is ONE infantrymen sitting somewhere on the planet refusing to surrender to my remaining 200000 tons of tanks. What am I supposed to do now? How does the surrender mechanics work?

This is a weird bug and idk what you can do on the ground to resolve it.

The workaround is to orbital bombard with a spaceship to get rid of the last guy

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #1249 on: January 25, 2021, 11:02:11 AM »

I've seen that bug too, between players and nprs. Deletion by an act of god was my solution.

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #1250 on: January 25, 2021, 11:22:35 AM »
Thanks lads. Orbital bombardment was the key to victory and it did only cost a dozen of installations due to 0.1% hit chance on that body.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #1251 on: January 25, 2021, 01:11:21 PM »
So what exactly do sensors on missiles do? I was told that if I wanted a MIRV missiles, the submunitions would need sensors so they could acquire targets on their own when the split. Same with missile that are already launched but lose their target for whatever reason, they need a sensor to re-acquired another and not blow up uselessly.

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #1252 on: January 25, 2021, 02:08:31 PM »
The last of my tests (1.12) was quite miserable: all my self-guided missile types failed to work in or out of missile fire control range, with or without external target painting.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #1253 on: January 25, 2021, 08:17:16 PM »
Can anyone tell me why this planet is uninhabitable despite everything looking good? Gravity is at the very edge, but not outside of tolerances. I don't see why its saying gravity is too much.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 08:21:37 PM by Borealis4x »

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #1254 on: January 25, 2021, 08:28:51 PM »
Can anyone tell me why this planet is uninhabitable despite everything looking good? Gravity is at the very edge, but not outside of tolerances. I don't see why its saying gravity is too much.

Simple... 1.99 is more than the 1.9 that is max gravity for humans in the game as standard.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #1255 on: January 25, 2021, 09:58:23 PM »

Simple... 1.99 is more than the 1.9 that is max gravity for humans in the game as standard.

Thats a real kick in the sack. Thats a great planet otherwise. Probably has all the elements as well...

But I'm sure humans in Aurora can deviate from ideal gravity by .99 from 1 last time I checked.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 10:07:02 PM by Borealis4x »

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #1256 on: January 26, 2021, 12:18:31 AM »

Thats a real kick in the sack. Thats a great planet otherwise. Probably has all the elements as well...

But I'm sure humans in Aurora can deviate from ideal gravity by .99 from 1 last time I checked.

You can use space master mode to slightly adjust size of the planet to change the gravity.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #1257 on: January 26, 2021, 02:22:36 AM »

Well... you are lucky that Aurora is so forgiving with Gravity in the first place... humans are not likely to even ever live on Mars for other purposes than research either due to Gravity. High gravity also is MUCH worse on the human body than low gravity. A gravity of nearly two would be devastating to the human body even for the most fittest of athletes.

In order for the average person to survive in different gravity and live a healthy life we can't deviate from gravity that much... even discounting using drugs and genetics to counteract some of the negative effects of gravity. We would basically need to undergo complete genetic engineering to create a whole new species of humans  to live on Mars for example, which is probably the most realistic scenario for "Humans" to live on Mars eventually.

So, unless we have some technology to suspend or alter gravity in paces where we live these planets would not be suitable for human life in general, only for research or industrialisation.

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #1258 on: January 26, 2021, 02:34:08 AM »
Well... you are lucky that Aurora is so forgiving with Gravity in the first place...
That's nearly the first I do, starting new campaign: set gravity tolerance at 0.4 and max pressure at 2 atm.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #1259 on: January 26, 2021, 03:32:23 AM »
Well... you are lucky that Aurora is so forgiving with Gravity in the first place...
That's nearly the first I do, starting new campaign: set gravity tolerance at 0.4 and max pressure at 2 atm.

I just wish that Aurora C# would get genetic engineering to work again so we can use that to make people live in more places. I also like to reduce the gravity tolerance of humans in the game... certainly makes things a bit more difficult. The genetic engineering is especially useful in game if you don't like the high tolerances the game gives us for humans.