Author Topic: Default Orders for Harvesters and Miners  (Read 5273 times)

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Default Orders for Harvesters and Miners
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2018, 12:53:50 AM »
Which leads me to "Move to Gas Giant with Sorium" and "Move to Mineral Source" (the latter being mainly for NPRs and the former for civilians and NPRs, although they are open to the player). The issue is (in both VB6 and C#) that default orders cause an order to be created when the fleet has no existing orders. However, that means whenever the fleet reaches the target, the default is triggered again (and again, and again). It isn't visible to the player because it is all happening behind the scenes.

Hi @Steve Walmsley, regarding the Move to Gas Giant with Sorium and also conditional order to drop off 90% fuel at the colony, there is any way to set which colony in Aurora C#? In VB6 version the Harvesters drop off the fuel on the nearest colony including mining and civilian, therefore I end up always waiting for the 90% alert and just move the fleet manually which is not critical but still will be an improvement to the QOL

Does the new "Harvester Transfer and Return" order that?

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 12:55:59 AM by froggiest1982 »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2018, 02:59:54 AM »
Hi @Steve Walmsley, regarding the Move to Gas Giant with Sorium and also conditional order to drop off 90% fuel at the colony, there is any way to set which colony in Aurora C#? In VB6 version the Harvesters drop off the fuel on the nearest colony including mining and civilian, therefore I end up always waiting for the 90% alert and just move the fleet manually which is not critical but still will be an improvement to the QOL

Does the new "Harvester Transfer and Return" order that?

Thanks

In C# Aurora, standing orders involving fuel load/unload at a colony, will only use colonies with a refuelling station or a spaceport, so you could use that to filter the potential destinations.

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982, QuakeIV

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 05:35:00 AM »
I have. Easy to make fire & forget survey forces. Just include a conditional for 50% fuel to fuel at nearest location, and survey. Only need to stop them for upgrades and the like.
I meant the 'Move to Mineral Source' and 'Move to Sorium Source' commands. Losing them is not a problem.