Author Topic: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 68791 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
v1.12.0 Bugs Thread
« on: October 11, 2020, 07:26:16 AM »
Please post potential bugs in this thread for v1.12.0.

Please check the Known Issues post before posting so see if the problem has already been identified or is working as intended.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10637.0

'Me too' posts for unresolved bugs are fine as it shows they are affecting more than one person. Any extra information you can provide in 'me too' posts is very welcome.

Please do not post bugs from previous versions unless you confirm they are still present in v1.12.0

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including:
The function number
The complete error text
The window affected
What you were doing at the time
Conventional or TN start
Random or Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 04:12:23 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5, StarshipCactus

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 07:57:03 AM »
I'll report the first bug myself :)

Using the update all formations option for Change Template causes an object reference problem - fixed for v1.12.1.

The following users thanked this post: Garfunkel, StarshipCactus, Jobran180

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 09:30:29 AM »
Select Name in Class Design did not work immediately - I had to manually rename a ship before the funtion started to work as intended.

New 1.12 standard known stars start in Sol with Planet X.

Unconfirmed: works perfectly for me. -Garfunkel
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 05:33:30 PM by Garfunkel »

The following users thanked this post: Jobran180

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 11:54:48 AM »
It might be a once off, but I just started a new game to regenerate the Sol system and the game just hung (Not responding) when I clicked Create Race. I waited a while to see if it was just sorting out something complicated in the background. The New Game options window stayed open and in colour whilst the System Map window went blank. I just thought I'd mention it in case other people have the same thing happen and it wasn't just my computer glitching. I didn't do anything unusual, unchecked Known Star Systems, generated Planet X and, set system bodies and jump points to surveyed.

Unconfirmed: works perfectly for me. -Garfunkel
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 05:35:30 PM by Garfunkel »
Currently using Aurora 1.12 - Unmodded

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 01:05:24 PM »
Select Name in Class Design did not work immediately - I had to manually rename a ship before the funtion started to work as intended.

I've found that typically happens when I am using (or have used) the 3rd party mod that allows UI customisation in a campaign. Just wanna check you're not using that mod and potentially reporting a bug related to it as a vanilla Aurora bug.
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 02:50:16 PM »
Hi Steve,

I guess this is an oversight: in C# fuel tank costs are reduced, but the compressed tanks still have their VB6 costs, making them 7~10x more expensive than the normal version.

SJW: Fixed for the next DB release
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 05:18:48 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline SerBeardian

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 04:05:04 PM »
Railguns have a spinal dropdown when designing. No effect on the actual component stats though.

Confirmed. Both Spinal Mount and Advanced Spinal Mount show up and neither has any effect. -Garfunkel

SJW: I was playing around with Spinal Railguns and forgot to remove it :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 06:08:47 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: lordcirth

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 11:16:55 PM »
Minor display issue.
Formation Templates window doesn't show the number of HQ capacity correctly under 'template attributes' .  The Number appears to be stuck at 1000 no matter what.
I believe this issue was present in older versions too.

Unconfirmed. Shows HQ58 instead of HQ58600 so it is shortened but it is not stuck at 1000. This works regardless of the position of the HQ in the unit list. Both in "Template Attributes" and in "Element Attributes" -Garfunkel
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 07:30:43 AM by Garfunkel »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Demonius

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 03:04:20 AM »

I've found that typically happens when I am using (or have used) the 3rd party mod that allows UI customisation in a campaign. Just wanna check you're not using that mod and potentially reporting a bug related to it as a vanilla Aurora bug.

not using any mods, but as it worked for others might have been a fluke on my side.

Offline dlathro1

• Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2020, 10:18:42 AM »

not using any mods, but as it worked for others might have been a fluke on my side.

Did you click on the ship class before attempting to rename it? The class name should be highlighted in blue before you attempt to use "Select Name". Weirdly, "Rename" does not require the name to be highlighted.

Offline arty

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 10:29:09 AM »
Hi all

I cant find the order transfer fuel to colony anymore ? ship is a harvester with a fuel hub  or tanker with fuel hub cant transfer also

when i select earth there is no order to transfer fuel

thanks

arty

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2020, 10:42:10 AM »
Hi all

I cant find the order transfer fuel to colony anymore ? ship is a harvester with a fuel hub  or tanker with fuel hub cant transfer also

thanks

arty

There is a bug where 0.001 of an instilation can be missing but will display as 1 on the Economics window. If you try to load an installation it might show up there as missing. Maybe one of your ships somehow did something strange, it happened to me. Try building a new Refuelling Station until a construction phase happens and then see if that fixes it.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2020, 10:46:15 AM »
Hi all

thanks

arty

Is the class flagged as a tanker?

Offline arty

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2020, 10:48:21 AM »
yes

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
Engineless sensor buoys not following planets.
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2020, 10:48:41 AM »
I wasn't certain if this was a bug or feature but I asked elsewhere and someone said it used to work in VB6 Aurora.

If you make an engineless buoy with a sensor on it and want to leave it at a planet, dropping it at the planet either with a waypoint and fire control or with the "Drop ready ordnance" order leaves the buoy floating in space and it gets left behind as the body orbits. I surprised as I thought the probe would obvious be orbiting the body and therefore follow it.

If you put an engine on the buoy it does follow the body but the buoy is destroyed when it runs out of fuel, not so useful for either efficiency of design or for listening posts/survey probes. If you put engineless buoys on a second stage of a probe engine then it is deployed and will follow the body forever or until the survey is complete. I would have thought this is how deployed engineless buoys would be supposed to act, which it why I thought the first example, of just an engineless buoy being left behind an orbiting body is not working as intended.

SJW: Fixed
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 05:22:06 AM by Steve Walmsley »