Author Topic: Grav survey ship not moving.  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Rajhin (OP)

• Leading Rate
Grav survey ship not moving.
« on: September 17, 2013, 07:01:31 PM »
My grav survey had an accident which they fixed for 100 spares that I didn't check for because not sure if there are logs for that and it was fixed anyway, but since then it couldn't move anywhere.   The morale started to drop since it was past the time they had to return and they still just sit there.     I only have one more ship that I sent to join the TG and shared the fuel and spares but it didn't seem to help.     I can't find warnings anywhere in the statuses and while only started playing this game few days ago I have no idea what could go wrong.     They do try to follow order and it says that their speed is at 100% but they don't move.     They are sitting on the unresearched gravitational point they tried to survey but failed to do for some reason as the mission progress didn't start when they reached it.   
Anyone have an idea what can be the source of both of the problems?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:29:19 PM by Rajhin »

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Grav survey ship not moving.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 07:47:59 AM »
Welcome to Aurora!

Please use the "Tips" thread to post tips for other players, not to ask questions.  I've split this post out into a new thread.

On your question: No idea why you're seeing that behavior.  I would try looking at damage to make sure it really was repaired, then clearing the TG orders and giving new ones.  You might also try splitting the TG up into 1-per-ship and give new orders.

John

Offline Rajhin (OP)

• Leading Rate
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 07:50:05 AM »
Sorry, will do next time.
Where exactly is damage log/status located? I only saw battle reports which are empty and armour status which I suppose is operational.

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 08:07:24 AM »
Right click on the task group in the system screen and select ships from the menu, in the next menu over select the ship concerned. In the lower part of the screen there are a series of tab. Select damage control. In that tab in the middle column will be a list of all damaged parts.

In the ships stats at the top you can also see maintentnace supplies and fuel. If you are out of fuel go to the miscelaneous tab where you can transfer fuel from the other ship you have had join the task group.

Finally if thats no good go into the task group listing and in the top left of the screen check that the set speed is at max. Then in the bottom right hand side click on clear default. Then try and issue a new move order.

Offline Rajhin (OP)

• Leading Rate
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 10:32:50 PM »
Checked everything, no traces of anything wrong yet the ship is unable to move. 

Yesterday I made a new game, this time conventional.     Quickly designed a conventional survey ship, it was moving (with 1-5 day pauses before moving, I figured it might be differences in engines or something) for few months and now it's stuck in open space mid flight to Earth.     There's nothing wrong with it, it just displays that it moves but it's not.     How ever many order reset and TF, TG shuffles I do it's just stuck there.   
I'm starting to wondering if it's a software problem and I have to reinstall the game but it's just ridiculous.   

EDIT: Disregard it, I split the TG and only then the ship started moving.  I have no idea why would it work a little in the first one and then only continue in the new.  I will play around with it and will try to figure it out.  Is there something about ships in Shipyard TG not being able to do orders?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:44:23 AM by Rajhin »

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 01:20:29 AM »
....is there something about ships in Shipyard TG not being able to do orders?
Actually, yes, if you have any other ships being constructed into a taskgroup, ALL ships in that taskgroup will wait untill those ships have finished being constructed.
So basically split your ships off the shipyard taskgroup when they have finished building.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "