Author Topic: Endless boredom with drop-away geo teams  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
Endless boredom with drop-away geo teams
« on: September 19, 2013, 01:00:21 AM »
Hi,

Ok guys, how you do to not die from boredom with the geo teams dropped then picked up from countless numbers of planets and asteroids or comets?

If only it could be automated as with the geo survey from ships?? Or I'm missing something.

Given the poor track records of the teams (not finding any new minerals 95% of the time), I'm strongly considering dropping only teams on exploited bodies. But perhaps that's what I should do?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 01:02:56 AM by Nibelung44 »

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
Re: Endless boredom with drop-away geo teams
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 01:07:51 AM »
That is basically what I do. I survey all planets and terrestrial moons, then any exploited body. I usually see no point in surveying more than that.

Online Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 02:14:50 AM »
I survey with a ship all bodies.  Then I resurvey with a geoteam any planet or larger moon.  After that I do a ground survey of any asteroid/smaller moon that had something found by the ship (at least in Sol).

As I have but a single geosurvey team patience is required.  How fanatic you have to be with your team(s) depends on the state of your known reserves, production levels and stockpiles.   As for boredom, the team can work away and I do many many other things.  So "when it is done, it is done."  For me the bigger issue is that their ship has only 8 months endurance so I have to keep hauling it and them back for shore leave...something I suspect the team appreciates.

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 09:53:26 AM »
I just create the teams on site and disperse them when done.  Its sort of an exploit but saves a lot of useless tedium.

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 03:47:12 PM »
I'm now doing that, given the abyssal success rate of geo teams since the last change... Before it was much more fun. Now, it is almost fruitless to send them.