Author Topic: Questions on crew pool and ground forces  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Saibot (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
Questions on crew pool and ground forces
« on: July 07, 2013, 03:58:29 PM »
1. Does your crew pool ever grow or at least replenish losses, or is what you start with all you'll ever have? Can it be increased in any way?

2. Is there any way to speed up ground force training? Assuming 4 GFTCs, is making one battalion faster because you have 100% of your points going to train them, or does each center work individually?

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: Questions on crew pool and ground forces
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 04:11:50 PM »
1.)  The pool of trained crew for your ships increases over time based on how many naval academies you have.  Each academy also produces 5 officers/year.  These officers are for all 4 types:  Naval, Ground, Scientists, and Administrators.  If you have changed the base crew grade (see race details left side) to something other than the starting 1 you will get fewer people added to the crew pool.  You can set the rating from 1 to 5, use that as the divisor on the number of crew per year you will receive.  Also changing the base grade will cut the pool you have in half.  Personally I wouldn't change the rating to start with.  You will probably have plenty of time to train your crews up and the reduction in the pool of trained people is just not worth it.  You can always change it later and probably have more total crew available for the higher training settings.

2.)  Each GFTC will work totally independently.  If you want to produce more ground forces the only thing that will help is to have an Administrator with a ground combat training speed bonus.  I have been known to set up a planet with enough mines to support the training facilities and build up a ground force training planet just to take advantage of a 30% speed increase.

Brian

Offline Saibot (OP)

• S
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 08:47:38 PM »
Hm, that gives me something to do with mineral dead Mars then.

Offline Saibot (OP)

• S
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 09:01:59 PM »
Does the planet need to have population to train ground forces?

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 11:16:51 PM »
Does the planet need to have population to train ground forces?

It needs a population to 'run' the ground force training facility.

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 05:28:43 AM »
It needs a population to 'run' the ground force training facility.

I'm not sure this is true.  There is no line entry under the "Manufacturing Sector Breakdown" for ground force training facilities, so I don't think it requires any manpower.  However, they are flagged as "manned" in the DB.  Spaceports are similar.