Author Topic: Change Stage Separation Distance?  (Read 1182 times)

Offline Yonder (OP)

• Registered
  • Lt. Commander
  • Y
Change Stage Separation Distance?
« on: November 06, 2015, 06:22:26 AM »
I accidentally created a multistage missile with a separation distance that was way, way too low, meaning that the buses are being destroyed by AM fire before they separate. The second stage missiles have enough range to work properly, the only mistake is the number I entered in the "maximum separation distance" field. I built hundreds of them and started a fight before I realized my mistake.

Is there any way for me to modify that value for the existing missile model my fleets are carrying and I have stockpiled, or do I have to make a new version?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Change Stage Separation Distance?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 06:38:21 AM »
You have to make a new version I've made that mistake a couple times as well.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Din182

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 06:00:40 PM »
I've not dabbled with missiles, but I know you can enter SM mode to change ship designs, so I don't see any reason you shouldn't be able to do it with missile designs as well.
Invader Fleet #13090 has notified Fleet Command that it intendeds to Unload Trade Goods at Earth!

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 11:13:48 PM »
All you can do with missiles is change their name.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "