Off Topic > Off Topic

What would you consider an FAC?(other media)

(1/5) > >>

RikerPicard:
USS Defiant?
Whitestars from B5?
Milennium Falcon?
Any other examples?

GodEmperor:

--- Quote ---USS Defiant?
--- End quote ---
Nope, Defiant is more of a 5-6K tons corvette/frigate. FAC in ST would probably be some shuttle on steroids.

--- Quote ---Whitestars from B5?
Milennium Falcon?

--- End quote ---
Definetely not.

Cutters/pinnaces from Honor Harrington and their own FAC/LAC introduced later in the series.
Pseudo-Corvettes used by Arachnids in Starfire series ( i have no idea how they were named in original, i read Starfire in Polish only ).
Star Wars probably had something like that given the sheer enormity of that franchise - something from KOTOR or SWTOR.

Herodotus4:

--- Quote from: Lossmar on November 13, 2016, 12:56:51 PM ---Nope, Defiant is more of a 5-6K tons corvette/frigate. FAC in ST would probably be some shuttle on steroids.
Definetely not.

Cutters/pinnaces from Honor Harrington and their own FAC/LAC introduced later in the series.
Pseudo-Corvettes used by Arachnids in Starfire series ( i have no idea how they were named in original, i read Starfire in Polish only ).
Star Wars probably had something like that given the sheer enormity of that franchise - something from KOTOR or SWTOR.

--- End quote ---
The Arachnid parasites were called gunboats in the english version. The ST shuttle on steriods is a Danube runabout. I have no idea about star wars, I am not much of a star wars fan. (Sorry about the OCD police)

RikerPicard:
Hm, the Danube to me seems almost more like a fighter(since Aurora fighters aren't 1 or 2 man things like star furies or modern fighter jets), though Voyager's Delta Flyer might qualify as an FAC.

83athom:
Any smaller ships that are bigger than "fighters" but smaller than actual warships. Although Corvettes may be included in both the category of "warship" and "fast attack craft". Because of the vagueness of Aurora, all fighters are technically FACs, and the same can be said for a multitude of Sci-fi universes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version