Author Topic: Event question  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Geezer (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
Event question
« on: April 27, 2020, 12:18:19 PM »
The research below showed up as an event but I never queued up any of that research.   Does that happen automatically at some point?

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - George Bernard Shaw

Offline Eretzu

• E
Re: Event question
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 12:19:47 PM »
That is civilian research, I think it is not shown in 1.9 (or at least will not interrupt)

The following users thanked this post: Geezer

Offline Geezer (OP)

• G
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 12:49:35 PM »
Thanks.   Maybe it started because of unrest on my first colony on Luna?  If so will those garrisons form on Luna on their own to handle unrest or do I need to do something about it myself?
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - George Bernard Shaw

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 12:52:16 PM »
That comes from civilian mining colony garrisons. You probably just had your first CMC pop up somewhere, if you look on the ground unit screen you should see a garrison formation made up of these units.

Offline Geezer (OP)

• G
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 01:06:20 PM »
I see that yes.   So I need to send troops and/or ships to Luna to stop the unrest then?

Offline Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 01:43:27 PM »
I see that yes.   So I need to send troops and/or ships to Luna to stop the unrest then?

Nope, the civvies do it for you.

Offline Geezer (OP)

• G
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 02:52:35 PM »
Thanks.  I ended up putting a ship in orbit before seeing your reply and now they are happy.   :)

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2020, 02:56:20 PM »
Nope, the civvies do it for you.
I don't think Luna is a CMC (civilian mining colony) in this case, so yes, you would need to send your own troops. Unrest increases for two main reasons (most of the time): not enough warships in the system, and not enough infrastructure for the population. While ground units do not fix the source of the unrest, they can reduce it or stop it from happening. Fixing the associated problem will also cause unrest to return to normal.

Offline Geezer (OP)

• G
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2020, 03:41:39 PM »
I created the colony on Luna.  So ships don't have to be in orbit around the colony to affect unrest, just somewhere in the system?

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2020, 04:25:12 PM »
That should be correct, unless there is a bug somewhere. The unrest may have been coming from overcrowding, and it was just a coincidence that it stopped when your ship entered orbit.