Author Topic: What's wrong with this picture?  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Geezer (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
What's wrong with this picture?
« on: April 29, 2020, 02:06:41 PM »
My two survey ships have been in Overhaul for over a year.  They both had their deploy time reset to 0 ages ago, but I can't issue any new orders to either of them.  It always says I can't issue orders while they are in Overhaul.  What am I doing wrong?

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - George Bernard Shaw

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: What's wrong with this picture?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 02:11:47 PM »
You are not doing anything wrong, but you need to look at TSO instead of deployment. I think it might stand for Time Since Overhaul (not sure), but this is what is reduced by overhaul. Deployment time is reduced by having the fleet at a place with recreational facilities. Just wait a little longer. You should get a message, once it has finished overhaul properly.

The following users thanked this post: Geezer

Offline Geezer (OP)

• G
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 02:16:41 PM »
OK, thanks.  Probably would have been faster to scrap the ships and rebuild new ones than wait years for the overhaul!   :o
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - George Bernard Shaw

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 02:24:21 PM »
It might. Would be interesting to test.
But if overhaul time is still the same as in VB6, then the time it takes to reduce the maintenance clock is a third of TSO. So if your ships have out for three years, then it would take a year in overhaul to reduce maintenance clock to 0. It can be a long time spent in overhaul, but you might prefer it to keep crew training, which would be reduced when building a new ship.

Offline Geezer (OP)

• G
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 02:33:33 PM »
The overhauls are finished but something is still wrong with Abdiel 1.  It still shows red as in the attachment and the repair report shows 31% Int Dmg.  No idea what is broken or how to fix it?!

Offline Eretzu

• E
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 02:38:05 PM »
You can fix it in shipyard, switch the drop down "construction" to "repair" and choose the correct ship. This needs free slipway for repair.

The following users thanked this post: Geezer

Offline Geezer (OP)

• G
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 02:44:34 PM »
When I switch to Repair there is no class or ship to repair.

Edit - Never mind.  Apparently right after the overhaul finished it resumed surveying.  Had to cancel all orders and recall it to Terra, and then it showed up as available to repair.  So much to learn, so little time...   :'(
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 02:59:22 PM by Geezer »