Author Topic: Official v6.20 Bugs Thread  (Read 64519 times)

Offline Pocus

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • P
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Official v6.20 Bugs Thread
« Reply #330 on: October 14, 2013, 07:32:25 AM »
Can't refit my PDC

Each time I refit my PDC they end up with the same old design class. . .  Is it a known bug?

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #331 on: October 14, 2013, 08:40:54 AM »
Yes that is a known bug.

Offline Akhillis

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #332 on: October 14, 2013, 10:49:02 PM »
Terraforming Installation Components do not show up on summary screen when <1

-Load 0. 5 Terraforming Installations into a task group
-Unload them on a planet
-They will not show up on the new planet in the F2 summary screen.  They are definitely there, because if you continue shipping components, the Terraforming Installation will show up once it gets over 1.

Might be intended behaviour, but seems rather odd if so, because fractions of an installation will show up if there's at least one full one present.  Anyway, its a little annoying, since there doesn't seem to be a way to confirm that you've successfully move the components, or to see how many more you need.

May be me being a silly newbie, rather than a bug.
The Sorium must flow

Offline ductape

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
« Reply #333 on: October 22, 2013, 03:38:13 PM »
Ive been having trouble with error 6 overflow (cannot center on target) in my game.  It only applies to the sol system.  I cant view it without error messages popping up, the display is blank blue with the normal buttons and display tabs, and if i try to move the camera, I CTD.  The game can still progress, I have been able to build a my first jump ship (I had a conventional start) and jump to neighboring systems, which I can view normally.  But sol is still broken.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #334 on: October 22, 2013, 03:39:05 PM »
Ive been having trouble with error 6 overflow (cannot center on target) in my game.  It only applies to the sol system.  I cant view it without error messages popping up, the display is blank blue with the normal buttons and display tabs, and if i try to move the camera, I CTD.  The game can still progress, I have been able to build a my first jump ship (I had a conventional start) and jump to neighboring systems, which I can view normally.  But sol is still broken.

There is a button someplace on the system view which sets the view to default. Click that and see if it gets fixed.

Offline ductape

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
« Reply #335 on: October 22, 2013, 07:17:30 PM »
Thanks Erik, the min zoom button in the top left did it

Offline martinuzz

• Lieutenant
  • High Dwarf
« Reply #336 on: October 24, 2013, 10:40:39 PM »
I have just designed my first (conventional) engine tech in the ship design screen. Now, when I open the research screen, Aurora crashes with the following message, followed by an infinite amount of error 91:

"Error 3075 was generated by DOA database
Syntax error (comma) in query-expression s.ClassType = 0 and s.FighterType
 = False and s.RaceID = 184 and (s.Obsolete = False or s.ShipClassID = 0)
 and s.OtherRaceClassID = 0 and s.Size <= 61,48 and h.HullDescriptionID = s.HullDescriptionID"

"Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or With block variable not set"

Now the first time I got this error, I recalled I didn't change regional settings from Dutch (which uses comma) to UK.
So I did change my regional settings to UK, and reloaded the game.

But now I am still getting the same error.

EDIT: Running Win7 on an i7, installed aurora in D:\aurora so I am not bothered by win7 program file directory permission screwups

EDIT 2: found the solution
HOW TO CHANGE REGIONAL SETTINGS TO USE PERIOD INSTEAD OF COMMA, ON WINDOWS 7:
1) goto config screen
2) goto country and language tab
3) on the first tab, 'notations', click more settings (or extra settings whatever it's called)
4) on the first tab again, the first option you can change is called decimal sign. Change this from , to .
5) click apply

NOTE: just changing your reginal settings from whatever country you live in that uses comma, to UK will not work on windows 7
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 11:03:19 PM by martinuzz »

Offline Nibelung44

• Commander
« Reply #337 on: October 27, 2013, 04:02:00 AM »
How to not have an ERROR 3420 when using the order 'loard/unload minerals to reserve level'? This is very reproducible and easy to get with this order.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #338 on: October 27, 2013, 08:47:14 AM »
Bug when designing AMMs:
Their uridium cost is seriously messed up.

This cost is not shown in the design window (in fact it is zero since they don't have any sensors at all), but will be deducted from stockpile if I produce them.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 08:49:56 AM by alex_brunius »

Offline rabek

• Able Ordinary Rate
« Reply #339 on: December 17, 2013, 07:43:59 PM »
Things were going along fine, until I built a tanker.   At some point, after it refueled a fleet, advancing time threw out a bunch of errors, and when I went to check on the tanker, it had vanished.   I figured it was a fluke. 

I built another tanker (both using the OBOD thing), and the same thing happens, though it hasn't vanished. 

I get:

Error 94 was generated by Aurora
Invalid use of Null
Please report to [these forums, I can't copy/paste]

Six times, every time.   Sometimes I get another error that I'll put here if I can replicate it.   It's not happening at the moment. 

The error 94 seems repeatable.   The tanker disappearing and error #2 don't seem to be. 

I'm using the version of 6.  20 currently up, which says it incorporates 6.  21.   The help>information screen confirms 6.  21

Lemme know if there's any more information I can try to gather to be helpful. 

Edit: The vanishing tanker happened after I changed the design after making the first one.  So this all may be related to changing the design after a design already has ships in existence.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 08:41:18 PM by rabek »

Offline DoktorV

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #340 on: December 20, 2013, 10:46:30 PM »
After significant terraforming of Luna, I received the following message: "Due to increasing temperature, the ice sheet on Luna has melted, increasing the Albedo from 1 to 1. 015.  This has caused a sudden temperature increase from -27. 9C to -24. 2C. "

This is incorrect - falling albedo should cause temperatures to rise.  Further, albedo, if I remember properly, cannot exceed 1. 

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #341 on: December 23, 2013, 01:10:09 PM »
Think of Aurora albedo like the inverse of real world albedo.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #342 on: December 23, 2013, 01:42:22 PM »
I thought it was an error too in the beginning, but then I recognized it was transformed into a artical comparison factor. The real albedo only works as a number of 0-1, which equals 0-100% reflection, but in the game it is mostly more than 1, and supposedly (never seen it until now) also slightly less. ..So mostly around 1.
What does that mean? I think it could compare the albedo of any body to earth, like [earth real albedo] divided by [body's real albedo]= game variable albedo. This way it would indeed be hotter the higher the value. However, it cannot be this simple, as the variance in this should in the end be far greater than just +-0.4 . In reality, even the moon could get to a factor of around 3 by this equation, but it is clearly not. I guess since the real influence of albedo is not really this 1:1 on temperature in effect to begin with, and probably largely underresearched in effect anyway, it makes sense to create an artificial comparison influence factor 'through albedo somehow' then, instead of a clear albedo formula which can ultimately only be inaccurate or simply wrong.

Still very missleading to call this just "Planetary Albedo" like the original value. Better would have been Absorption-Factor, or Albedo-Disparity or something of that clarifying direction.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline Prophoem

• Leading Rate
  • P
« Reply #343 on: December 27, 2013, 07:26:40 PM »
I havent been playing for very long but whilst following the tutorial by alphapiomega's tutorial i finished designing the ship and set the shipyard to construct it.   but once it hit about 49% it wouldnt seem to register me pressing the accelerate time buttons but i could still access all the menus when i would press the time acceleration buttons the planets and such would move but the ship construction wouldnt go anywhere.  and the date wouldnt change.  so i figured it was a run of the mill bug so i exited out but once i came back in using Aurora i got a "Error 91 was generated by Aurora Object variable or with block variable not set" and i couldnt close the error window so then i went to use AW_Aurora then i got a "Error 3024 was generated by DAO.  Workspace could not find file "Stevefire.  mdb"" wich is very wierd because i looked i have stevefire 1-5.   so does anyone know what is going on?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #344 on: December 27, 2013, 09:00:51 PM »
Just a guess, but do you have windows 7/8 and have aurora installed onto program files or program files (x86)?
Win 7 does odd things to the game in those directorys.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "