Author Topic: Error 713 Class not registered  (Read 3607 times)

Offline Chairman (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
Error 713 Class not registered
« on: November 25, 2009, 01:04:24 AM »
Hi

I am getting I bit frustrated, I am getting this error every time I try to System Information :evil:  :oops:
Now I got en new copy of VISTA on my machine, the same problem, the same happend when I reinstalled Windows XP x64....

What am I doing wrong???

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
Re: Error 713 Class not registered
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 01:30:27 AM »
Quote from: "Chairman"
Hi

I am getting I bit frustrated, I am getting this error every time I try to System Information :evil:  :oops:
Now I got en new copy of VISTA on my machine, the same problem, the same happend when I reinstalled Windows XP x64....

What am I doing wrong???
You are not doing anything wrong. Aurora will not run without MSSTDFMT.DLL; unfortunately it is not shipped with the standard version of Vista  :D
Welchbloke

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 01:20:30 PM »
I uploaded the one I'm using on 64-bit vista and 7 in the windows 7 thread.  copy that file into the game directory and you should be right
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline teoleo

• Petty Officer
  • t
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 11:05:37 AM »
i have copied the file but i have the error again

Offline MoonDragon

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • M
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 11:22:27 AM »
Where did you copy the file?
(@)

Offline teoleo

• Petty Officer
  • t
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 11:26:31 AM »
i have copied the file in aurora directory, i use windows xp

Offline eberzon

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • e
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 11:18:13 AM »
I just had this error also.  Putting the dll into the C:\ProgramFiles\Aurora directory does not fix the problem in 4.91.  I placed it there on a fresh install, restarted, etc, etc, all without fixing the issue.  As soon as I installed it into C:\Windows\system32 on XP and registerd the dll, Aurora worked fine.
To register the dll after downloading to C:\Windows\system32 from start menu, run Accessories:Command Prompt.
Run following command as administrator:

regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll

See this post, which has working attachment of msstdfmt.dll that you can click download.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1091&p=11693&hilit=msstdfmt+dll#p11693

Offline Anonymous

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 06:21:11 PM »
No luck with anything I've tried... download VB6, downloaded msstdfmt.dll, put it in the aurora directory, put it in system32, tried regsvr32 and got it to work finally. Still nothing. Same error every single time, rebooting, everything. I -haven't- installed MS 0ffice 2003 yet, but I don't have it. Can anyone explain why all the fixes aren't working? I'm using windows 7 64-bit.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 09:13:42 PM »
Quote from: "Tahydras"
No luck with anything I've tried... download VB6, downloaded msstdfmt.dll, put it in the aurora directory, put it in system32, tried regsvr32 and got it to work finally. Still nothing. Same error every single time, rebooting, everything. I -haven't- installed MS 0ffice 2003 yet, but I don't have it. Can anyone explain why all the fixes aren't working? I'm using windows 7 64-bit.

Not positive, but I think you may need the 64bit of the DLL? Think somebody posted a link to it in another thread, can't remember where exactly though.

Offline Anonymous

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 03:15:14 AM »
Way ahead of you man. That's the DLL that hasn't worked so far.

Offline Obsidian

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • O
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 06:52:41 PM »
Had the same problem with win 7 64-bit.
A quick look at a Microsoft KB-article suggests that there is no, nor will there ever be a 64-bit version of the dll.
Win 7 (and Vista I assume) can however use VB dlls if they are placed in the "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" folder.
I downloaded the dll from dll-files (can't make any guarantees re viruses) and placed it in said folder.
Run cmd as an admin (right click shortcut) and go to SysWoW64 folder and run
regsvr msstdfmt.dll
A popup should inform you that everything is dandy.

Offline AndonSage

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 10:36:13 PM »
In case anyone else looks at this thread for this problem, I got this solution from another thread. This will work for any Windows operating system that is missing the DLL. Mine happens to be Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

Install this little utility from PCWinTech.com: Simple Shutdown Timer. Be sure to download the "Direct Download" not the "Portable Version." Run the exe to install. It uses the MSSTDFMT.DLL and installs it. I used this solution and the problem in Aurora was gone. No hassling with regsrv32.
"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." - Robert A. Heinlein
"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!" - Pericles (430 B.C.)
"A government big enough to give you everyt

Offline Anonymous

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 05:15:50 PM »
Obsidian, you are a MIRACLE worker! It actually works! I had to type regsvr32 not straight-up regsvr to get it running but it actually works!

Awesome. I humbly recommend that version of msstdfmt.dll be bundled with aurora and those instructions be placed into the readme, as it worked a lot better than some of the voodoo I've read.