Author Topic: Re: Two problems finally became apparent  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Two problems finally became apparent
« on: March 29, 2010, 01:22:08 AM »
Quote from: "The Shadow"
I've also got a question about civilian trade.

My civilians keep wanting to take a "shortcut" through a hostile system, and getting themselves blown to bits.  (There's jump gates connecting them to the place they want to go, but it's shorter through the hostile system.)

is there any way I can convince them to stop doing that?
If you look on the galactic map you should see some numbers above that system seperated by a slash. The first number is the danger rating of the system (based on damage inflicted in that system) and the second is the defence value (Based on the PPV value of friendly ships). If the former is higher than the latter, civilian ships will avoid the system. Over time the danger value will fall, simulating the shipping companies being more prepared to take risks as the immediate fear of hostile action recedes, and the civs will start using the system again.

Steve

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
Re: Two problems finally became apparent
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 05:43:11 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "The Shadow"
I've also got a question about civilian trade.

My civilians keep wanting to take a "shortcut" through a hostile system, and getting themselves blown to bits.  (There's jump gates connecting them to the place they want to go, but it's shorter through the hostile system.)

is there any way I can convince them to stop doing that?
If you look on the galactic map you should see some numbers above that system seperated by a slash. The first number is the danger rating of the system (based on damage inflicted in that system) and the second is the defence value (Based on the PPV value of friendly ships). If the former is higher than the latter, civilian ships will avoid the system. Over time the danger value will fall, simulating the shipping companies being more prepared to take risks as the immediate fear of hostile action recedes, and the civs will start using the system again.

Steve
U r ever a surprise with ur "AI COding"
FOr me this info r unknown,now r shining sun.
Ty again and good work Steve