Author Topic: Grade Point Gaining  (Read 1078 times)

Offline UnLimiTeD (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • U
Grade Point Gaining
« on: April 07, 2010, 06:03:45 PM »
So, I've already pointed out it's a little weird that crews can't go above 2000 from training, but in the academy.

Not big of a deal, but how exactly do troops gain grade points in combat?
I've had a crew swat countless missile salvos from the sky with marvelous 100% efficiency and not gain a single point, and I've had a ship with very strong shields (but honestly not much else) gain 84% by taking Missiles to the face in a single battle, without even trying to engage them (aside from the CIWS, which had 0% hit chance despite ECCM10 versus ecm 100 on the missiles, an eccm which is perfectly sufficient on any other weapon).

Is it only by taking damage?
In that case, I would probably level up ships by sending them to a low tech NPR and taking a few salvos before recharging....

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: Grade Point Gaining
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 06:36:38 PM »
Quote from: "UnLimiTeD"
So, I've already pointed out it's a little weird that crews can't go above 2000 from training, but in the academy.

Not big of a deal, but how exactly do troops gain grade points in combat?
I've had a crew swat countless missile salvos from the sky with marvelous 100% efficiency and not gain a single point, and I've had a ship with very strong shields (but honestly not much else) gain 84% by taking Missiles to the face in a single battle, without even trying to engage them (aside from the CIWS, which had 0% hit chance despite ECCM10 versus ecm 100 on the missiles, an eccm which is perfectly sufficient on any other weapon).

Is it only by taking damage?
In that case, I would probably level up ships by sending them to a low tech NPR and taking a few salvos before recharging....
It is only from taking damage, AFAIK, but this is a recent change to the system and may change , I think the problem is the difficulty of determining the increase from effective weapons fire etc.

Ground troops in combat I beleive is a random factor, although now they gain morale quickly from being in a division/brigade structure with good ground combat rating