Author Topic: Problem with gravitational survey sensors  (Read 1458 times)

Offline DopplerEffect (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • D
Problem with gravitational survey sensors
« on: August 03, 2012, 09:55:24 AM »
Hi,

First off, I love this game.   I keep making new games when I realize I did something stupid, but this time everything is going pretty well.   Except that I can't build or research gravitational survey sensors.

I started almost exactly as the tutorial on the wiki tells you to, and instant-ed geological survey sensors, but didn't both with grav sensors at the time because I was more interested in building up Sol a bit first.   However, now when I go to the sensors section in research, the grav sensors are not available to research, and they don't show up under completed research.  Also, the instant option is grayed out when i select grav survey sensors under all research projects.

I'm still pretty new to this so i probably just did something dumb again.   Oh well.

Any help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Haji

• Captain
Re: Problem with gravitational survey sensors
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 10:01:48 AM »
The only thing I can think of, is that you haven't researched "jump point theory" yet. That theory is prerequisite to the grav sensors, even if the game doesn't say so. At least I think it is - I don't remember ever researching grav sensor before JPT.

Offline DopplerEffect (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 10:25:52 AM »
Now that you mention it i'm not sure if i remember research jump point theory.   I'll check it out when I get home tonight.  Thanks :)

Offline Traveler

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 06:31:06 PM »
Like the OP I can't build or research grav sensors.  
I can't start a research project for them and they don't appear in the list of components when I try to design a grav survey ship.

I can research jump drive efficiency and max size jump squadron, so I must have researched JP theory.

Edit: I'll leave this in here so that it may help some other person with a poor memory like myself. ;D

I found the grav sensor in a research queue, lol.  I rarely use the queues and just forgot about it.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 06:55:29 PM by Traveler »