Author Topic: Problems with missile fire control  (Read 1276 times)

Offline ddblackhawk (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
Problems with missile fire control
« on: August 04, 2013, 06:02:56 PM »
I recently encountered hostile aliens, go me!  I have 2 anti ship missile destroyers in the fleet I sent to blow the aliens up, but when I got into range and clicked on the open fire button I got the following message;
29th December 2054 20:09:01,YZ Ceti,Acheron - Tier 3 - Missile FC R180 MR92 S1 targeting Barcelo 002 at 87m km
29th December 2054 20:09:01,YZ Ceti,Tier 3 - Missile FC R180 MR92 S1 on Acheron has a maximum range of 0k km and is therefore unable to lock on to the target. No missiles are fired.

Then, when I checked my technology screen I saw I had 2 fire controls with the exact same name, one has a cost of 21, but detection strength and max range are both 0, while the other has a cost of 21, detection strength 21, and max range of 92.97 million Km, this one for some reason I had marked as obsolete.

My problem now is that I tried to make the first fire control, just to see how I had manged to create a completely useless component, but even using the lowest tech possible I can at least get some range to it.  So, I was wondering if this was a bug, or if I'm just a massive idiot.

My second question is whether I can use SM mode to swap out the useless fire control for the proper one, or if I will have to disengage the enemy and refit my destroyers?

Thanks,
BlackHawk

Offline Whitecold

• Commander
  • W
Re: Problems with missile fire control
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 12:18:23 AM »
Both ways work, Unlocking finished designs to change stupid little design mistakes is the main reason for its being. Simply switch to SM, go to the design screen, click unlock and switch out the part, then lock it again, and you should be fine to engage them.

I have no idea of how you managed 0 strength.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 03:16:06 AM »
Both ways work, Unlocking finished designs to change stupid little design mistakes is the main reason for its being. Simply switch to SM, go to the design screen, click unlock and switch out the part, then lock it again, and you should be fine to engage them.

I have no idea of how you managed 0 strength.

Once you have switched in the new part on the F5 Class window, you need to select each existing ship on the F6 Ship window to make sure the individual ships are updated, not just the class.

Steve

Offline ddblackhawk (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 03:34:02 AM »
Awesome, thank you =)