Author Topic: Repairing Armor  (Read 2870 times)

Offline Theodidactus (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
Repairing Armor
« on: August 10, 2012, 09:51:13 AM »
I recently had a glorious victory wherein I destroyed a dozen enemy ships while sustaining no casualties. They did ding my armor up pretty bad though, if that fleet wants to fight again someday, it needs that armor fixed.

How do you repair armor? Damage control can't do it, and neither does overhauling the ship.
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline Theokrat

• Lt. Commander
Re: Repairing Armor
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 10:01:07 AM »
Use the "repair" option of shipyards

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 12:19:13 PM »
There is one other option.  You can also make the repairs aboard a ship with a suffienctly large hanger bay.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Theodidactus (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 12:54:03 PM »
I hope the shipyard doesn't have to be the size of the ship, otherwise, this could get reeeeeal complicated.
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline Theokrat

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 12:57:22 PM »
I hope the shipyard doesn't have to be the size of the ship, otherwise, this could get reeeeeal complicated.
I dont think so. Surely does not have to be tooled to the class.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 12:57:46 PM »
The ship in question being a deathstar orbital built from the ground? You should build a giant hanger PDC for it anyway so it doesn't chew through all your resources if thats the case.

Offline LoSboccacc

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 01:08:42 PM »
The ship in question being a deathstar orbital built from the ground? You should build a giant hanger PDC for it anyway so it doesn't chew through all your resources if thats the case.

I like this.

I'll be doing that for mothballing fleets in later games.

Offline Zook

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 09:34:07 PM »
Ships with damaged armor don't show up in the Damaged Ships window. Do I really have to check every one to see if there's a dent in the hull?

Offline Theokrat

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 04:50:28 AM »
Ships with damaged armor don't show up in the Damaged Ships window. Do I really have to check every one to see if there's a dent in the hull?
Well if the ship in question is docked to a colony with a shipyard, then you could identify the damaged ones through the repair menu itself- IIRC only damaged ships show up in the corresponding drop-down menu.

Otherwise it might be easier to export the event log and use a text-search for armour damage. This would tell you which ships got damaged in combat.

Offline Zook

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 12:13:22 PM »
No, that's only works for "Refit".