Author Topic: Question about name files.  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Mulisa (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • M
Question about name files.
« on: January 07, 2016, 09:09:07 PM »
Hi.

I have a question; How can one find the existing name files for ships/officers/ranks/other stuff in Aurora?

If we take the Finnish main Empire theme as an example, there is no corresponding commander theme for it, and I cannot find a way to make a new commander name file to fix this, if I felt like using that particular empire theme.  Also, adding new names to the existing ship design name lists could be good.

The theme creation itself seems to only allow you to make "Class names" (I assume these are ship names?) Rank names and System names.  Which, I assume means no names for commanders or randomly generated corporations/shipyards/component manufacturers?

Anyone know how to fiddle with these things?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Question about name files.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 11:54:21 PM »
Existing files do not exist.

That data is in the stevefire.mdb.

Offline Mulisa (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • M
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 11:56:30 AM »
Alright, thank you for the info.  So, if I wanted to make some txt.  files for officer names, how would I go about that, then? The theme creation did not seem to contain officer names.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 05:52:50 PM »
As I understand, Steve has accepted contributed name lists in the past, right? I'd add the names to a forum thread (such as this one) and then put a note about it in the suggestions thread.

Also, you could put a note in the suggestions thread asking for a way to load this type of information from a text file, as currently you can't alter it without using Access to edit the database.