Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 266040 times)

Offline xeryon

• Captain
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #240 on: March 06, 2012, 07:44:35 PM »
I assumed they closed in close.  I know what you mean about the hostile contacts not showing up in the overview map.  I have to remember to refresh the page each round when I am fighting.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #241 on: March 08, 2012, 06:39:28 PM »
800 Ton bugs with a tiny thermal sig.  Plasma ships have 100-Resolution (5000 ton) sensors.  The tiny buggers don't show up on thermals until about 1 mil out, and active about 800km out.  That still would have been *decent* notice, but a bug (other kind of bug) stopped them from showing up on the system map when I zoomed in.  Thinking the path was clear, I pulled a 5-day increment, which was enough to put them well in firing range.  (A measly 80k km, information gleaned while the first three ships were dying. )

I killed the last of the pursuers a few minutes ago.  Currently moving back to the starting position, wiping up all of the cripples that separated from the pack left behind. 
Classic. The very first game where I met the same critters I had the exact same problem. After that I've always used 3 different active sensors instead of just two.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #242 on: March 14, 2012, 10:26:58 PM »
Now that I have deepspace tracking in London I'm going to salvage the 1 & 1/2 pages worth of wrecks in the system(no tech expected unfortunately).
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/graveyards.jpg/

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #243 on: March 20, 2012, 10:14:10 PM »
Systems like this really mess with my OCD.  Any idea how hard it is to logically arrange systems in the galactic map with this mess?

Ugh, the next system tree I explored netted me a system with 11 JPs in it.  My poor Galactic map.  *twitch*
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:47:48 PM by xeryon »

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #244 on: March 22, 2012, 03:04:40 PM »
Systems like this really mess with my OCD.  Any idea how hard it is to logically arrange systems in the galactic map with this mess?

Ugh, the next system tree I explored netted me a system with 11 JPs in it.  My poor Galactic map.  *twitch*

I dub those as extra-galactic jump points.  Move them wayyyyy far away on the map-- they're the gates to new galaxies!

Offline Tarran

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #245 on: March 22, 2012, 03:43:36 PM »
I just found Alpha Centauri and Epsilon Eridani, leading directly to Sol. The JPs aren't even that far from the center of Sol, either.

They both have easily terraformable worlds, but none are good enough for NPRs to be generated. They also have ship wrecks.

This must be my lucky day. Hopefully no Precursors or Starswarm are in those systems.

If they are, well, I'm pretty much boned as I have no military. :P

Edit: Well, doesn't seem like there's any ships.

But... I think one of my survey ships just found some mines. Darn.

So long, survey ship.

...Wait a second, it's still alive?

So... there's just sensors on a world for no reason?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 03:52:27 PM by Tarran »

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #246 on: March 22, 2012, 03:51:43 PM »
I'll post a new SS tonight if I have a chance: with the 10 JP system and 11 JP system I have 22 jumps stemming off of two systems.  The grand total of all my other systems combined is only around 10.

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #247 on: March 22, 2012, 03:53:20 PM »
Edit: Well, doesn't seem like there's any ships.

But... I think one of my survey ships just found some mines. Darn.

So long, survey ship.

...Wait a second, it's still alive?

So... there's just sensors on a world for no reason?

Doubtful he found mines.  Look closely at the logs.  He probably discovered some missiles via point-blank inspection.

Offline Tarran

« Reply #248 on: March 22, 2012, 03:56:12 PM »
Doubtful he found mines.  Look closely at the logs.  He probably discovered some missiles via point-blank inspection.
All it says is "New Thermal Contact! Strength 5 Active Sensor S0.525/R80 (New)."

And now the sensors are gone. Curious.

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #249 on: March 22, 2012, 06:44:19 PM »
That looks like you found an outpost.  Are you parked on a system body when that comes up?

Offline Tarran

« Reply #250 on: March 22, 2012, 07:28:50 PM »
Yes. But if it was an outpost, how did I survey the planet completely without being interrupted again? I just ran away from it for a little bit, the sensor disappears, I return, and it's not there anymore.

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #251 on: March 24, 2012, 10:28:52 AM »
Just conquered my first planet from a low-tech NPR.
Turns out, there are no factories, no mines, nothing at all on the planet! I just got a planet with 380 Million of these little buggers:

Species: Mazatlan
Gravity: 0.52 to 1.55
Oxygen: 0.081 to 0.325
Temperature: -67.5 to -11.5

Damn! They would surely love Siberia. I could use them on so many planets, where I would just have to add 0.081 oxygen to the atmosphere and that's it!
But do I really want to make them an equal species to my humans? Or even the dominant race?
Something to think about while I am at work tomorrow...

Lol..

Steve have some "funny soul" when races generation programmed..(srry my english funny:)

ive encounter a sort..of.."Deer" Race,,"Bamby"..very like'em
:DD

(Admiral Lermontov: "DAMN!!..i CANT shoot upon a "Bamby's kids loving" race!!!"...and so on..hehe)

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #252 on: March 24, 2012, 08:08:32 PM »
Yes. But if it was an outpost, how did I survey the planet completely without being interrupted again? I just ran away from it for a little bit, the sensor disappears, I return, and it's not there anymore.

Beats me, but a sensor strength 5 is consistent with an unpopulated supply depot.

Offline OAM47

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #253 on: April 28, 2012, 11:43:25 PM »
It is so annoying to have an enemy that's not a threat, yet you can't shoot down, constantly running around all over your Empire :\

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
« Reply #254 on: June 05, 2012, 03:01:21 AM »
Nice! First jump gate I explore and I find a world with a 0.00 colony cost :D

Even if it has no minerals it will serve as a nice colonist farm and tax generator.

EDIT: Son of a... Of course it's the home of an alien race. Right next to Sol. Bah!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 03:04:22 AM by Jacob/Lee »