Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 266234 times)

Offline Anarade Relle

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • A
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #840 on: April 24, 2015, 08:53:35 PM »
:(

Offline GreatTuna

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #841 on: April 24, 2015, 10:07:47 PM »
My entire military consists of 2 PDCs, capable of 50 shot (Size 5) volley each.  1 commercial station built (i need minerals badly).  When they decide to take Earth, there is very little i can do to stop them.   :'(

Yeah, they hit quite hard if one isn't prepared.
There is still hope though.
Can you build the salvagers? It is risky, but you could try to salvage the [Tee] warships for modules which can be used for furthering research or in shipbuilding, and smallest of them are quite small, having less than 20kton in mass as well as low price.

Also, in current situation, don't make your factories idle! Build more PDCs, mines, shipyards, missiles, whatever you still have resources for. What use they will have if you are destroyed?

Offline GreatTuna

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #842 on: April 25, 2015, 04:55:06 AM »
Once again the Wormholers attempted an attack on our positions on EZ Aquarii.

Two ships appeared near the wormhole and started launching size-5 anti-ship missiles toward the colony. Due to major design flaw in our AMM emplacements (they lack the AMM sensors) enemy missiles just flew past them and hit the colony. The entire population was disintegrated in one salvo, along with ground forces stationed there.
All of the other missiles attempted to strike the resident terraformer Adonai It 002, but the ships' CIWS complexes shot down all but 2 missiles.

After that, enemy ships moved toward the colony in an attempt to engage PDCs in melee, but they were shot down by AMM emplacements.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #843 on: April 25, 2015, 08:32:40 AM »
31 Oct-1 Nov

2 new [Tee] classes (Ohiyesa and Low-Dog) appeared in Luyten.  The 2 ships proceeded to make bombing runs on 2 small colony's in the system.  There were no human survivors.  4 colonies remain.  The 2 ships then broke off bombing runs and proceeded into Sol.

The 2 ships encountered 10 naval vessels from the [36].  The Ohiyesa single handedly destroyed all 10.  The 2 then turned towards Earth.  Earth missile forces were up to the task, and destroyed both ships before they were able to launch any attacks.  Unfortunately earth forces used up all their best missiles in the attack.

Factory production and research continue on Earth and Luyten 726-8-AII.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #844 on: April 25, 2015, 08:56:01 AM »
2 Nov

In retaliation, 4 [Tee] ships (2 dull knife, and 2 Potalsharo) moved from Luyten into Sol.  The fleet moved into earth space and easily swated away the ancient missiles that remained for defense (30 year old missiles were all that was left).  The [Tee] fleet easily destroyed the 2 PDCs, 1 commercial, and 1 Naval ship yards that i had managed to build.  The fleet has returned to patroling the Luyten system.
(Sensor data indicates the dull knife and Potalsharo are rather nasty ships)

5 Dec

A new class (Dan George) appeared in Luyten, and has moved into Sol.  My first thoughts were this was a salvage class (it is a very slow ship), but it has ignored all salvage.  It is now moving towards the Barnards Star gate.  Possibly a gate construction ship?

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #845 on: April 26, 2015, 08:07:06 PM »
Welp, i somehow managed to corrupt my database.   :'(  And no backups were made.  Lesson learned.  New game started (with aurora backup utility), and have already found some unfriendly neighbors to play with.   ;D

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #846 on: May 05, 2015, 07:28:24 AM »
  Slowly expanding Federation space, with new colonies, mining operations, new jump gates, etc..  We have only met 1 other race [Luh].  They occupy 2 adjacent systems to Sol (Luhman 16 and Struve 2398), diplomatic relations ended many years ago.  They are hostile, but not overly agressive.  Federation combat losses include 4 survey craft, 15 civilian luxury liners (they decided to take a pleasure cruise through the Struvian sector), and 4 Missile destroyers (my bad).  [Luh] losses have been limited to 1 unknown type, 9200 tons.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #847 on: May 06, 2015, 03:00:49 PM »
Started new game in Sol after my HDD fried ...

Me : EarthGov "vs" german-themed Martian Reich and japanese-themed Kissaki Corporation based on Venus, each planet ( Mars, Earth and Venus with smegload of minerals, no shipyards and 5 research labs each ). I Sm'ed relationship with both parties to 1500 to avoid all out shooting war afer 6 months...

Its now 10 years, im working on my first defence PDC ( yes im turtling as hell ) and im watching fireworks all over inner Sol as Reich and Corps pound the smeg out of each other with NThermal frigates and NThermal missiles...

Kissaki seems to be slightly losing this one as they field only one type of ship - 950 ton Hiei class frigate while Reich has two 9150 ton types and two 950ton.. And that is despite Kissaki having almost 1k more in Thermal and EM signatures of their planets.
But nevertheless its really small advantage and Sol is littered with wrecks of both races (  see attached pic ) .
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #848 on: May 06, 2015, 10:09:23 PM »
Cool

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #849 on: May 07, 2015, 10:26:19 AM »
Welp, i think war in Sol is pretty much over.
Kissaki have been reduced to 2 PDC's and 20k Shipyard while Reich has 3 working ships ( two of each are possibly missiles frigates ), 200k shipyard and 4 PDC's .
Furthermore Venus is under constant attack by the Reich ships, so far those two PDC's managed to kill every salvo but they score a hit from time to time.
Im not overly concerned because my one Sentinel class PDC provides pretty much unbreakable defence of Earth and more are in production but in a long run Reich having two fully terraformed planets with so much TN minerals can be a bit of a problem.
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #850 on: May 07, 2015, 11:24:47 AM »
I might be wrong, but I think as long as the planet is still not theirs, they might not stack fleet on it or guard it otherwise heavily. This would mean that essentially not the side with the most ships, but that with the most ground troops wins planets. You could maybe snatch their war spoils away, and then you would probably get windows from time to time in which you can even send fresh reinforcement troops in case Reich also tries to invade.
If your situation and chance of holding the place is hopeless, you could also wait until Reich conquered the place, leaving their remaining ground troops hopefully damaged. Then you could quickly land yours before any defense builds up, catch the planet for nice technology spoils, and then just abandon the colony/blow it up, teaching Reich a lesson in french about Moskau. ;)
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #851 on: May 07, 2015, 05:28:23 PM »
This made me think of another scenario I might want to try. First, I would start off the empires similarly too how you did except with two empires. One empire would control Earth and Mars, and the other would control Jupiter and all of its moons (and nearby asteroids).
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #852 on: May 09, 2015, 09:06:34 AM »
This made me think of another scenario I might want to try. First, I would start off the empires similarly too how you did except with two empires. One empire would control Earth and Mars, and the other would control Jupiter and all of its moons (and nearby asteroids).

I dont think its even possible ... I mean manual NPR spawning works on one planet only, does it not ? You cant spawn NPR on Earth and "give him" control of Mars...
Or am i mistaken ?

It would work if you would want to make two different empires on Earth and Mars and give yourself Jupiter moons. Anyway, nice idea, something like Steve's Solarian Empires campaign.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 09:10:00 AM by Lossmar »

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #853 on: May 09, 2015, 05:11:10 PM »
I had the impression that he was going to play both sides rather than use the AI, but what he was suggesting should still be possible if he had designer mode access.   

See this post for details:
Code: [Select]
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=7592.msg77065#msg77065

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #854 on: May 09, 2015, 06:20:02 PM »
I had the impression that he was going to play both sides rather than use the AI, but what he was suggesting should still be possible if he had designer mode access.   

See this post for details:
Code: [Select]
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=7592.msg77065#msg77065

Ahh in that case i admire the dedication but i cant bring myself to control more than one empire in Aurora at once ...

Meanwhile :

I've set up 3 faction Earth start between Allies ( me ), Axis and Comintern starting in 1945 ( complete fiction but whatever ).

We all are expanding and stuff and then Allied inteligence scores major victory over Axis one. They steal geological survey data about Berlin system, the first system discovered by the Kreigsmarine survey corps and by extension Humanity...
Problem ?
Its a single star system without even a lousy comet, asteroid or dwarf planet .... -________- great job guys.

EDIT: Aaaand in the next year they "stole" the same "data" from Comintern ... My CIA is retarded i swear to god ..

2nd Edit :

III World War lasted for no more than 3 hours.
Allied navy simply anihilated both Comintern and Axis space navies. While losing 4 Lexington B class Frigates Allied captains manage to destroy more than 3m of commercial tonnage and more than 1m of military tonnage. Axis colonies on Moon and Mars surendered after brief nuclear bombardment, Mars colony has been destroyed afterwards ( just some infrastructure and remains of 4 ground units destroyed by the nuclear fire ) and lunar colonists are in the process of being resettled back to Earth because both of those places are completely devoid of TN minerals and were purely prestige-driven efforts.

Unfortunately there is now huge combined Axis-Comintern fleet closing down on Earth. Allied Earth defence net is really impressive, more than 20 PDC armed with 10 quad Meson turrets each but the missile capability of the incoming ships are unknown.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 01:49:22 PM by Lossmar »