Author Topic: need basic gidelins  (Read 1471 times)

Offline ghostwalker788 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • g
need basic gidelins
« on: August 31, 2016, 07:38:23 PM »
im new to this hole thing (like that not a statment everyone mackes)

but anyway i relly need some basic guidelines on what to do when it comes to certain things
how to do missiles
how to do engens
how much of buildings i need to build
what buildings to build
weapons confuse me
do i go for colonising my system first or start mining everything
when should i start exploring outer systems
also i looked at the tutorials and im clueless
so help plz

Offline Kytuzian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
Re: need basic gidelins
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 09:34:36 PM »
You should be more specific about your questions (and also preferably spell a little better).

For example, when you say "how to do missiles" or "how to do engens", what part exactly confuses you? Is it the designing missile aspect? If so, is it in the designing engines, or the researching the missile design? Or maybe it's in where to produce them? Or maybe what the numbers mean?

Perhaps you don't even know how to access the menu where you would start to design/research/build missiles?

Exactly how far have you gotten and what have you tried?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 11:51:12 PM »
If you're throughly stumped I would reccommend looking at one of the long but in-depth video tutorials, in particular quill18's let's play is responsible for a massive surge in Aurora's popularity last year.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8157.0
His lets play stopped around 6 months ago after 32 updates, and while each episode is about half an hour I imagine the basics were covered in the first few episodes.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 11:57:54 PM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

• Leading Rate
  • g
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 01:21:29 AM »
lick i always mack a missile that has 0% Chance to hit
for military ships do i make big or small engine? fuel guzzling or fuel efficient?
and same questing for commercial
stuff lick that
sorry i wasn't specific
i was quite grumpy at the time and just wanted to know how to play

• Leading Rate
  • g
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 01:30:29 AM »
btw just made this
hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=8997. 0

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 02:01:42 AM »
I'm currently watching through quill18's let's play on a second monitor while I play, so while I'm not watching in extreme detail I can definitely see he is covering the basics.
On to your specific questions: Commercial ships should generally use large and fuel efficient engines, you aren't in any big hurry to get stuff transported, unlike the military which has great combat advantages from greater speed.  Minimum requirements for a commercial ships engine is 50% multiplier and size 25; anything smaller or higher powered isn't considered commercial and will incur maintenance.
One thing to consider is large engines take much longer to research, so at first just research a size 25 50% multiplier engine for commercial ships, and a size 10 x1.25 multiplier military engine. This will require researching the 'maximum engine power multiplier x1.25" technology, but at only 1000 RPs it's one of the first things you should research.
Keep in mind that more powerful engines will use a lot more fuel, but this shouldn't be a problem untill later on when you have a lot of large military ships.
Your missile problem is more complicated, if it has 0% chance to hit either you forgot the engines or the fuel. I'll post a missile design tutorial for you.
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 02:18:14 AM »
First design a missile engine, like with fighters you should use the highest multiplier available.
Open the 'create research project' window. [The 'design' button on the population and production window]
Select 'Missile engines'
Select the best engine tech you have available [Nuclear pulse Engine technology]
Select the best power multiplier you have available, note that you have double the power mulitiplier that is available for ship engines, you should have either x2 or if you have researched 'x1.25 multiplier technology' you will see 2.5x available.
Next select engine size; you should create a 0.1 engine for making anti-missile missiles, and also make a size 1 engine for making anti ship missiles.
Then select [Create] to add the design to your research screen.
Research these designs under the 'power and propulsion' tab of your research window.
Now finally onto designing the missile itself.
Click either the [missile design] button on the research window, or the [missile] button on the 'population and production' window.
Under 'engine type' select your size 1 engine, engines are listed by power so your size 1 will be the most powerful one there, you can see the engine statistics underneath this drop down.
Now lets design a size 6 anti ship missile, change engine number to 3, warhead strength to 2.5 and fuel to .5 .
You should see now the missile's speed, range and hit percentage.  If the missile's range is far greater than what you can see with the active sensors you can realistically design then lower the fuel number, add or remove engines depending on if you want a slower missile with more warhead, or a faster missile with less warhead.
Note that an anti missile missile needs only a single point of warhead, as much as possible should be put into engine.

The following users thanked this post: Tor Cha