Author Topic: Discussion of Saving Games FAQ thread  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Elmo (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • E
Discussion of Saving Games FAQ thread
« on: February 01, 2010, 05:27:12 AM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
"How often should I save?"
--------------------------------
That's up to you.  It's usually a good idea to save just before entering an unexplored JP (in case something goes wrong) and just after (so that you don't "lose" the system you just generated if you need to do a restore)....

So if you don't like the new system that is generated it sounds like you could go back to the save and keep transiting the JP until you do?  I would view that as "cheating" but curious minds want to know.   :)

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Discussion of Saving Games FAQ thread
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 07:21:52 PM »
Quote from: "Elmo"
"How often should I save?"
--------------------------------
That's up to you.  It's usually a good idea to save just before entering an unexplored JP (in case something goes wrong) and just after (so that you don't "lose" the system you just generated if you need to do a restore)....

So if you don't like the new system that is generated it sounds like you could go back to the save and keep transiting the JP until you do?  I would view that as "cheating" but curious minds want to know.   :)

*moved to The Academy from an FAQ thread*

Yep.  Aurora doesn't try to prevent you from cheating at solitaire.

John

Offline Balibar

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • B
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 04:45:42 AM »
It would be easier to use SM mode and give yourself whatever feature you were looking for -- if one were so inclined.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 08:23:40 AM »
Quote from: "Balibar"
It would be easier to use SM mode and give yourself whatever feature you were looking for -- if one were so inclined.
Not if it involves a newly created NPR.

John

Offline Balibar

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • B
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 10:33:50 AM »
Quote from: "Balibar"
Not if it involves a newly created NPR.

John
Fair enough.