Author Topic: Couple of newby-ish questions  (Read 1332 times)

Offline Bryan Swartz (OP)

• Captain
  • B
Couple of newby-ish questions
« on: August 13, 2013, 05:51:28 PM »
1.  How does one go about scrapping ships(or is 'Destroy Ship' and 'Delete Ship' the only option)?

2.  Is it possible to load a partial load into a cargo hold?  Meaning, I currently have freighters with 15k tons capacity.  Can I load 2 Infrastructure and then also minerals and/or a refinery etc. at the same time?  If so, how -- it always loads up to the max when given a single order to 'Load Infrastructure' or whatever. 

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
Re: Couple of newby-ish questions
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 06:06:23 PM »
1.  How does one go about scrapping ships(or is 'Destroy Ship' and 'Delete Ship' the only option)?

Move the ship you want to scrap to a colony with a shipyard.
Open up the shipyard tab of the colony screen for that colony.
Under the "task type" dropdown select "scrap".
Select the class of the ship you want to scrap from the list and the specific ship from the second list, then hit "add task" button.

2.  Is it possible to load a partial load into a cargo hold?  Meaning, I currently have freighters with 15k tons capacity.  Can I load 2 Infrastructure and then also minerals and/or a refinery etc. at the same time?  If so, how -- it always loads up to the max when given a single order to 'Load Infrastructure' or whatever.  

Under the box where you choose what order to give you should see a box marked "max amount to load" that you can use to specify how many of an item to load, as long as there is space for it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 06:08:18 PM by metalax »

Offline Bryan Swartz (OP)

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 07:43:41 PM »
Thanks!  The loading one seems to be malfunctioning some, but very helpful nonetheless. 

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 07:39:33 AM »
Under the box where you choose what order to give you should see a box marked "max amount to load" that you can use to specify how many of an item to load, as long as there is space for it.

Make sure to set this box back to "0" (which means "max amount") for the order after the one you've used it.  Otherwise, if you load 1000 units of Duranium then try to load factories, the factory order will be for 1000 factories.

John