Author Topic: Doing something wrong with the survey team?  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Maxsimal (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • M
Doing something wrong with the survey team?
« on: September 09, 2013, 12:28:54 PM »
I've surveyed dozens of comets, planets and asteroids.   Only once have I had 'results'.   Am I not supposed to put a colony there first?  My survey team is at skill 162 now.   Is it just rare that they every work?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Doing something wrong with the survey team?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 12:54:45 PM »
Make sure they are completing their surveys. You'll get an event in the log saying something to the effect of "Survey Team Bob Jones doesn't think there is any additional minerals on Planet X"

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 09:43:14 AM »
Quite honestly the chance they find new stuff seems fairly low.  In my re-survey of Sol I found extra minearls only 2 times so far, and that is out of about 20 or so surveys.

Erik isn't the first one good enough "Survey team has completed their ground based survey of rock ecksupsolon" ?  I have left them there after seeing that and then I immediately get the "We are done here bozo move us!" messages starting.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 10:13:13 AM »
Quite honestly the chance they find new stuff seems fairly low.  In my re-survey of Sol I found extra minearls only 2 times so far, and that is out of about 20 or so surveys.

Erik isn't the first one good enough "Survey team has completed their ground based survey of rock ecksupsolon" ?  I have left them there after seeing that and then I immediately get the "We are done here bozo move us!" messages starting.

Used to be they could find multiple times. Now as soon as they pop up the "move us" message, they are done. Whether they found anything or not.

Offline Wolfius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • W
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 02:00:12 PM »
They can still make multipule finds(atleast I assume their seemingly random skill-ups in the middle of a job are related to rolls to find stuff), it's just that now they'll only present their findings when they finish.

I had a group in my current non-Sol game get a few skill-ups while working, then announce they were done and had found expanded deposits of two minerals, and increased accessability of one of those and a third one, then colony into tab said completed and the 'we're done here' notifications started.  The few other positive results were similar, if more limited.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 02:05:20 PM »
They can still make multipule finds(atleast I assume their seemingly random skill-ups in the middle of a job are related to rolls to find stuff), it's just that now they'll only present their findings when they finish.

I had a group in my current non-Sol game get a few skill-ups while working, then announce they were done and had found expanded deposits of two minerals, and increased accessability of one of those and a third one, then colony into tab said completed and the 'we're done here' notifications started.  The few other positive results were similar, if more limited.

Prior, it was roll; announce; roll; announce. With a time advance between each roll/announce grouping.

Now it is all one check. Roll, roll, roll, roll, announce.