Author Topic: Shore leave PITA?  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
Shore leave PITA?
« on: September 11, 2013, 01:29:58 AM »
Hi,

Has any plan made to add a 'rest crew' order as a conditional order? I see that people are requesting that since one year, and that's really annoying to not be able to automate that in any way, whereas this is now a requirement to all ships.

Bonus question, how do I extend the time a crew can stay in space without leave?

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
Re: Shore leave PITA?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 02:11:43 AM »
I find it is automatic...just give an order to move to a place where they can do shore leave and it happens.

As for your question on how to extend crew endurance in the design page of a class you will find in the upper left corner a box for months of endurance.  It starts at 3, and I'd recommend increasing it.  The NCN uses 18 months as a standard for a naval ship, and 24 months as a standard for a civillian ship or BuSurvey vessel.  It is rare that a civillian ship uses its full endurance but it is actually just role playing that the civillian crew quarters are more spacious plus at one time it was a 12 month trip to Alpha-C and a lot of things on my civillian ships are based to the standard of "the Earth-Faewald Run."

I don't get annoying messages on ships since my usual deployments are 12 months long for NCN military, 18-20 months for BuSurvey, and my civillians I just stage them forward for role playing purposes.  If the endurance is 3 months...yes that would become a bit of PITA though.

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
Re: Shore leave PITA?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 04:30:30 AM »
Increasing endurance will come handy.

About the problem, I still suggest that a conditional order be added that will send a ship for resting.