Author Topic: Advanced techs  (Read 5637 times)

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
Advanced techs
« on: April 06, 2016, 03:35:04 AM »
I am wondering if the advanced technologies, such as compressed fuel storage, advanced lasers, plasma torpedoes etc are only ever got from invaders? Do they also ever turn up in either ruins or precursor ships, or from an NPR who found them in a ruin etc?

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
Re: Advanced techs
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 04:20:28 AM »
You can get them from ruins too; don't know about the other possible sources you mentioned though.

Iranon

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 05:01:02 AM »
Some of them are broken though.

Compressed fuel storage just gives you fuel (no tanks), advanced lasers gives you useless and nonsensical weapons. Advanced particle beams seem to work.

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 05:05:42 AM »
The advanced lasers are only useless at low calibers; at the higher end of the spectrum you get absolutely monstrous lasers which can deal over 2k damage in one shot (advanced spinal).

Iranon

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 05:37:03 AM »
I see. Everything I discovered was non-functional and didn't unlock the tech.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 07:03:01 AM »
The advanced lasers are only useless at low calibers; at the higher end of the spectrum you get absolutely monstrous lasers which can deal over 2k damage in one shot (advanced spinal).
Really? My advanced spinal laser at max size of 1.2m did only 377 damage every minute or so, at point blank range (about 40 at max. You can see here the particle beam still shines at end level tech).
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 09:18:00 AM »
Really? My advanced spinal laser at max size of 1.2m did only 377 damage every minute or so, at point blank range (about 40 at max. You can see here the particle beam still shines at end level tech).
He means "advanced spinal advanced laser". There was one "advanced" lacking, that is how advanced this stuff is.
The exact damage is 2598.

Aside from that, DPS is determined solely by capacitor tech (except for adv. PB), so if you keep distance, particle beams will of course always outperform.(yet also likely not penetrate armor before next update)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 09:19:40 AM by Vandermeer »
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy