Author Topic: (v0.5.16) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer  (Read 40902 times)

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: (v0.5.15) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #135 on: August 08, 2022, 11:53:34 PM »
For me the displayed endurance in the ship optimizer is way way off.  I think maybe it's giving the number of hours of endurance, not days?
Do you mean the endurance in the Ship Planner? I don't see endurance on the Ship Optimizer page. A screenshot with the tech/parameters you have used will definitely be helpful. Thanks!

Offline Snoman314

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2022, 12:07:48 AM »
Quote from: Iceranger link=topic=10999. msg161073#msg161073 date=1660020814
Do you mean the endurance in the Ship Planner? I don't see endurance on the Ship Optimizer page.  A screenshot with the tech/parameters you have used will definitely be helpful.  Thanks!

Sorry, yes, I do mean the Ship Planner.  It seems to happen for all the different tech combos I've tried.

Screenshots attached.

The following users thanked this post: Iceranger

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2022, 12:54:55 AM »
Quote from: Iceranger link=topic=10999. msg161073#msg161073 date=1660020814
Do you mean the endurance in the Ship Planner? I don't see endurance on the Ship Optimizer page.  A screenshot with the tech/parameters you have used will definitely be helpful.  Thanks!

Sorry, yes, I do mean the Ship Planner.  It seems to happen for all the different tech combos I've tried.

Screenshots attached.

Thank you for the screenshots. Indeed there is a bug where days are displayed as hours, and hours are displayed as days  :-[

The following users thanked this post: Snoman314

Offline davidb86

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2022, 11:20:48 AM »
Perhaps Spock was concerned about communicating over an open line  ;D

I am impressed with both the speed of updates, as well as the very small number of bugs for a project of this size and complexity,  keep up the good work Iceranger

The following users thanked this post: Iceranger

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: (v0.5.16) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2022, 10:54:52 AM »
v0.5.16 is out. Minor bug fixes and improvements.

https://github.com/Iceranger03/Releases/raw/master/A4xCalc/A4xCalc_v0.5.16.zip

* Fixed a bug where in the Ship Planner, the endurance of the ship is displayed incorrectly.
* Fixed a bug in the bridging hull designer caused by the additional component categories in Aurora 2.0. Before the fix, some components, such as the misc components and mobile repair yards, will be ignored in the bridging hull calculation.
* Improved bridging hull design algorithm so the armor is added gradually. This may improve its ability to find a bridging hull in certain corner cases.
* Improved bridging hull design algorithm so it now may design slightly smaller bridging hulls than before.

The following users thanked this post: Dylmos, Kyle, skoormit, Snoman314

Offline Snoman314

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2023, 04:22:18 AM »
Sending love Iceranger's way as I realise how hard it's going to be update the missile optimiser...

The following users thanked this post: Nori, BAGrimm

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2023, 03:43:49 PM »
It's been so long since I read the changelog that I forgot how many missile changes there is. But yeah, this'll be a fun update.

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2023, 11:04:40 AM »
Sending love Iceranger's way as I realise how hard it's going to be update the missile optimiser...

Yes, this one might take a while. Removing the agility isn't the hard part at all, I already had a version when the agility removal was announced, to show what the missiles without agility could (or could not) do. The tricky part is, with the removal of agility, if I don't include the new missile E-war stuff in the optimization, then there isn't much left to optimize with :D

The following users thanked this post: Warer

Offline Snoman314

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #143 on: December 01, 2023, 03:31:13 AM »

Yes, this one might take a while. Removing the agility isn't the hard part at all, I already had a version when the agility removal was announced, to show what the missiles without agility could (or could not) do. The tricky part is, with the removal of agility, if I don't include the new missile E-war stuff in the optimization, then there isn't much left to optimize with :D

Yeah When I realised that it's no longer a tradeoff between 3 variables (warhead, speed, MR), but many different variables I realised I shouldn't wait around for a new optimiser version to come out. I'm anticipating seeing more constraint boxes, where the user narrows things down a bit.

The following users thanked this post: Warer