Author Topic: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 29179 times)

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2020, 11:20:48 AM »
I have an issue with shield generators. Not sure if it is a bug.

I have two generators: S25/R300 and S9/R216. I can have both types on the ship but the final shield value partly depends od weaker generator.

Big generator makes Shields 25-300, if I add small one to it then final shield strength is changed to Shields 25-216.

Not sure if this is WAI, but this basicaly makes ship worse. So maybe there should be warning that combining different sizes of shields is not beneficial. Or something like that?

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2020, 11:24:36 AM »
The global "Survey Speed" modifier only affects Geo survey. Grav is working at default speed.

Game settings are 50% survey speed
Fleet view attachment: 5x Thor Heyerdahls are giving 19.99 Grav points, but only 9.99 Geo points.
Thor Heyerdahl attachment: The ships in question have 3 of each sensor. 3x5 + some commander bonuses gives 19.99, while 9.99 is 1/2 of that.

1.92 game continued in 1.93
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 11:44:09 AM by Resand »
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2020, 11:49:38 AM »
TN start, real stars, decimal separator is dot. Two issues I encountered:

It seems that it is not possible to have more than 1 colony on body. If I try to create colony on body with CMC in System Generation and Display nothing happen, if I drop Installations od the body with CMC, they became part of the CM colony. Same with my own colonies, I am unable to have two separate colonies on same body.

That is working as intended. You can have 1 colony for each possible combination of race, species and system body.

Body with archeological dig is not listed in category Archeological Digs, in my game there are Abandoned installations on Titan, there is colony on Titan, but it is listed in Other Colonies (no installations were recovered yet, ruins are identified).

It took me a while to figure out what you meant. I assume you mean not listed on the population list of the economics window when 'By function' is selected. Please specify the window for the bug as I was checking the ruins displays on the Tac Map and Galactic Map.

I've added the archaeological digs (and fixed the spelling :) ). I've also add the tag of each ruin type to colonies, even those already displayed in a higher priority category.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2020, 11:52:26 AM »
I have an issue with shield generators. Not sure if it is a bug.

I have two generators: S25/R300 and S9/R216. I can have both types on the ship but the final shield value partly depends od weaker generator.

Big generator makes Shields 25-300, if I add small one to it then final shield strength is changed to Shields 25-216.

Not sure if this is WAI, but this basicaly makes ship worse. So maybe there should be warning that combining different sizes of shields is not beneficial. Or something like that?

You can only have one type of shield generator on a ship. I'll add a warning.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #139 on: May 02, 2020, 11:52:53 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug or WAI. I have a bunch of construction formations on a planet and I went to industry to queue up a construction factory. It shows I have 80BP from the units, yet the factory never makes any building progress.

Picture attached.

What is the status of the production modifiers for that colony?

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2020, 11:54:34 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug or WAI. I have a bunch of construction formations on a planet and I went to industry to queue up a construction factory. It shows I have 80BP from the units, yet the factory never makes any building progress.

Picture attached.

What is the status of the production modifiers for that colony?
Manufacturing is showing as 0% for some reason. Please see attached.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2020, 11:55:56 AM »
TN start, real stars, decimal separator is dot. Two issues I encountered:

It seems that it is not possible to have more than 1 colony on body. If I try to create colony on body with CMC in System Generation and Display nothing happen, if I drop Installations od the body with CMC, they became part of the CM colony. Same with my own colonies, I am unable to have two separate colonies on same body.

That is working as intended. You can have 1 colony for each possible combination of race, species and system body.

Body with archeological dig is not listed in category Archeological Digs, in my game there are Abandoned installations on Titan, there is colony on Titan, but it is listed in Other Colonies (no installations were recovered yet, ruins are identified).

It took me a while to figure out what you meant. I assume you mean not listed on the population list of the economics window when 'By function' is selected. Please specify the window for the bug as I was checking the ruins displays on the Tac Map and Galactic Map.

I've added the archaeological digs (and fixed the spelling :) ). I've also add the tag of each ruin type to colonies, even those already displayed in a higher priority category.

Yes, that is correct, I ment in Economics window, again sorry for not being more specific.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2020, 12:01:14 PM »
With auto assign tech I am starting with Grav sensors but not Jump point theory researched.

But grav sensors require jump point theory to research normally.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2020, 12:02:41 PM »
It seems that commanders that are set as Story Characters do not get medals. I have civilian administrator since the begining of the game and he didnt get medal for 10 years of service, while others that I got later already have it.

TN start, real stars, decimal separator is dot.

The Story character flag doesn't affect the medal assignment code, only the health and retirement section. I'll show the assignment code here as it is very simple.

// check for length of service awards
                List<MedalConditionAssignment> RaceConditionAssignments = MedalConditionAssignments.Where(x => x.Condition.MeasurementType == AuroraMeasurementType.LengthOfService).ToList();

foreach(MedalConditionAssignment mca in RaceConditionAssignments)
                {
                    List<Commander> QualifyingCommanders = Commanders.Values.Where(x => x.ServiceLength >= mca.Condition.AmountRequired && x.CommanderRace == mca.AssignedMedal.MedalRace && x.MedalList.ContainsKey(mca.AssignedMedal.MedalID) == false).ToList();

foreach(Commander c in QualifyingCommanders)
                        c.AwardMedal(mca.AssignedMedal, mca.Condition, "");
                }

Could you check the commander's start of service date and make sure he is eligible.

Offline Demonides

• Gold Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2020, 12:04:28 PM »
I don't know if it's a bug or a mechanic. After building the 10th Academy, no Academy Commandant can be appointed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2020, 12:09:02 PM »
Getting repeated Function #4 errors after I found a small alien population on a planet I terraformed.  The planet was previously uninhabited, because it was too cold and I terraformed it from a 2. 00 to a 0. 00.  After building up my colony, I had no sensors on it, but as soon as I sent over sensors I discovered new aliens, and a small population there.  They had no ships, or any other sort of tech.  When I sent ground forces, they had no military, and once I took them over, their portrait switched from their original one to mine.

And now every 30 days I get a function #4 error.  Even after I deleted the population on the planet and SM'd in communications.  I don't exactly know what's wrong.

Function #4 is alien AI diplomacy code. What is the error text? The number only tells me where the error happened. I need the text to know what happened.

Did they have any installations at all? How large was the population? I'm wondering if this was pre-industrial NPR.

Also, you mean their race portrait in the Diplomacy window has changed to yours?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2020, 12:15:12 PM »
v1.9.3
The "View Technology" Window does not update when I change empires using the top-left drop down in the window.

Fixed.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2020, 12:17:05 PM »
It seems that commanders that are set as Story Characters do not get medals. I have civilian administrator since the begining of the game and he didnt get medal for 10 years of service, while others that I got later already have it.

TN start, real stars, decimal separator is dot.

The Story character flag doesn't affect the medal assignment code, only the health and retirement section. I'll show the assignment code here as it is very simple.

// check for length of service awards
                List<MedalConditionAssignment> RaceConditionAssignments = MedalConditionAssignments.Where(x => x.Condition.MeasurementType == AuroraMeasurementType.LengthOfService).ToList();

foreach(MedalConditionAssignment mca in RaceConditionAssignments)
                {
                    List<Commander> QualifyingCommanders = Commanders.Values.Where(x => x.ServiceLength >= mca.Condition.AmountRequired && x.CommanderRace == mca.AssignedMedal.MedalRace && x.MedalList.ContainsKey(mca.AssignedMedal.MedalID) == false).ToList();

foreach(Commander c in QualifyingCommanders)
                        c.AwardMedal(mca.AssignedMedal, mca.Condition, "");
                }

Could you check the commander's start of service date and make sure he is eligible.

Ok, I have medals for 10, 20 and 30 years of service.

Characters with Story Character checked: Career Start Date is 01 January 2025. It is now 28 November 2055. He has no medals.

Other character without Story Character checked: Career Start Date is 01 January 2025. It is now 28 November 2055. He has medals for 10 and 30 years of service.

I was missing Condition for 20 years medal, thats why the second character does not have it. But 10 and 30 years work.

Edit: I remade 20 years medal and all characters got it retroactively, except for the story character.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 12:27:10 PM by Black »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #148 on: May 02, 2020, 12:19:13 PM »
v. 1.9.3
In galactic map, when selecting 'Military Restricted System', it doesn't seem to make a difference whether you say no or yes in the confirmation window. The box will be checked in both cases.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2020, 12:24:45 PM »
Hey Steve, I've encountered a bug. 

Version 1.  9.  3
Decimal separator ".  "
Random stars
Ship design window

I was designing a tug that could pull my new terraforming station.   I tried searching for tug in the drop down menu, typed in tug, pressed enter and then it gave a prompt.   Function 2520: The objectereference is not set to a kind of object (rough translation).   
Then it promptly deleted all my ship designs as well as all of my ships. 
To cause the bug you have to select the drop down menu, it has to be dropped down and you have to type in it and press enter.   

p. s.
It seems to have also deleted all the fleets of the civilians

Can't reproduce - when I type 'tug' and press enter I get the windows 'ding' tone that means invalid and then nothing else happens.