Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 89912 times)

Offline skarlathamon

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2021, 12:34:15 AM »
Missile launchers do not check the size of the missiles.   A Size 1 missile launcher can launch a size 60.  5 missile with no problem. 

Steps to reproduce:

Load any size missile that is larger than a launcher on a vessel. 
Drag the missile onto the launcher in the ship combat section.   
Select a target and fire. 

Tested in BOTH v1. 13. 0 AND v1. 12. 1

https://imgur. com/a/t1GtMVy

SJW: I am amazed the game has been out for a year and this wasn't spotted before :)  Fixed for 1.14.0
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 04:29:46 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: db48x, Warer, Ancalagon

Online Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2021, 04:19:02 AM »
1.13.0 Function #2939: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object.
Just started a new game and this is a few autoturn years into the game. It's a custom random star start and I haven't even designed a ship yet.
TN Start, Random stars, decimal separator.

The error is causing the game to lock up, I'll upload the DB from a the last save, autoturn a bit and it should error out.

Bughunter: Failed to reproduce, ran several times autoturn and manually.

Its an error in Orbital Movement for stars. The only way I can see that specific error happening is if a non-primary star somehow didn't have a parent star. Have you made any changes to the starting system or are you running any mods?

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2021, 06:00:00 AM »
Minor bug:

On the Commander screen, all of my scientists have a generic research specialty and percentage next to their names - no indication of their research field. (Image 1).

On the Research screen, all of my scientists are showing their research specialty and it is the same as the research specialty on the Commander screen.

------

The function number: n/a
The complete error text: n/a
The window affected: Commander Screen
What you were doing at the time: Just started game; no time advanced yet - evaluating Commanders
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? I can reproduce it in my game.   Started new game and same issue immediately crops up.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2021, 06:59:57 AM »
Geo Survey Ships Do Not Use Commander Bonus

The survey rate of geological survey ships is increased by Admin Command bonuses, but not by ship commander bonuses.

I am attaching my db.

In my game, I have nested admin command leaders at the following ranks and bonuses:
RADM   20.0%
RADL   20.0%
CAPT   10.0%
CDR    15.0%

Each level provides 25% of the leader's bonus, and the levels apply multiplicatively.
That gives a net bonus of ~17%.

My game has a survey rate of 10%.

Therefore a ship with a single geo sensor and no commander bonus should produce ~0.117 points per hour, or ~2.8 per day.
My ship GE ProSpect 002 produces just that, no matter the survey bonus of the assigned ship commander.

SJW: Fixed for 1.14.0
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 03:19:42 AM by Steve Walmsley »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2021, 07:20:46 AM »
Minor bug:

On the Commander screen, all of my scientists have a generic research specialty and percentage next to their names - no indication of their research field. (Image 1).

On the Research screen, all of my scientists are showing their research specialty and it is the same as the research specialty on the Commander screen.

I'm not sure understand the problem here. The scientists are grouped by their research specialty on the treeview. You have a ground combat scientist selected for example.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2021, 07:31:38 AM »
The survey rate of geological survey ships is increased by Admin Command bonuses, but not by ship commander bonuses.

Can you confirm the survey ship has a bridge or other control station.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2021, 07:42:18 AM »

Negative. These are fighter-sized--no bridge.
If that's a requirement for getting the commander bonus, I must have missed it.
My apologies.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2021, 07:54:29 AM »

Negative. These are fighter-sized--no bridge.
If that's a requirement for getting the commander bonus, I must have missed it.
My apologies.

It's still a bug. A FAC or smaller doesn't need a bridge, but the commander bonus code checks for a control station. I will change that code so it assumes a control station is present on FACs or smaller.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2021, 10:26:47 AM »
Miscellaneous components cannot be researched, because they don't appear on any of the research tabs after you create them in the Tech Window.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 03:19:54 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Kristover

Offline dr125

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2021, 10:27:05 AM »
In the class design screen, on "Race Components", when a component is selected opening and closing a category (ex. Engine) will add that component to the ship.

SJW: Cannot reproduce
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 04:41:48 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2021, 10:44:50 AM »
Miscellaneous components cannot be researched, because they don't appear on any of the research tabs after you create them in the Tech Window.

I can confirm this one.  Just tried it in my game and the misc. component doesn't appear in the research screen.

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2021, 10:52:25 AM »
1.13.0 Function #2939: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object.
Just started a new game and this is a few autoturn years into the game. It's a custom random star start and I haven't even designed a ship yet.
TN Start, Random stars, decimal separator.

The error is causing the game to lock up, I'll upload the DB from a the last save, autoturn a bit and it should error out.

Bughunter: Failed to reproduce, ran several times autoturn and manually.

Its an error in Orbital Movement for stars. The only way I can see that specific error happening is if a non-primary star somehow didn't have a parent star. Have you made any changes to the starting system or are you running any mods?
No mods, just downloaded the fresh 1.13 and did a new install. I started the game, created a new star system and I moved two planets a few million km and adjusted their properties to make them suitable for habitation and that's about it. No new stars or planets, no changing who orbits who (at least I don't think so).
I'm not attached to this save at all so I can for sure do a new game, just not sure what I could have done to break Orbital Movement.

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2021, 10:53:37 AM »
If a game starts with 'New Tech from Conquest' ticked , and then has it unticked and saved, then when a population is conquered the conqueror still gains technologies

« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 04:51:09 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Remilian

• Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2021, 03:21:05 PM »
flag0393 is hardcoded as a default flag of the player empire. Deleting it completely breaks creation of new games.
Tested in 1,13 but I encountered it in 1,12

Scenario 1:
1) Use a fresh install
2) Delete flag0393 from Flags folder
3) Open the game
4) Try to create a new game (default settings)
Result: errors from (presumably) race creation window (https://imgur. com/a/LFtYn9N) and a broken game

Scenario 2:
1) Use a fresh install
2) Delete every flag icon BUT flag0393 from Flags folder
3) Open the game
3,5) Click through a few harmless "No image found for flag" errors because Example Game has some of them in use already. Shouldn't affect the overall result.   
4) Try to create a new game (default settings)
Result: game created successfully, no errors

Can circumvent the issue by renaming some other flag to it, but it is still a bug. The game should only use icons that are available.   

race327 is also hardcoded as a default race picture of player empire, but deleting it doesn't break the game.
flag0000 seems to be softcoded as a default flag, but removing it doesn't break the game. Only an occasional "No image found for flag".

Accidentally discovered by changing my pool of icons. My goal was to remove all real and Earth-related flags so I wouldn't have to fight Italian or Brazilian aliens again. Got a bunch of "No image found for flag" errors along the way, but they don't seem to do anything and they do not occur after creating new game with a new set of icons.

Also, if you turn Invaders and Precursors off in the settings of the new game, their races are still generated in the database. Kind of makes sense because they are toggleable, but maybe it should be handled on settings change instead of being created by default?

EDT: also forum keeps adding more and more spaces after periods with each edits. One is enough.

SJW: Flag issue fixed for 1.14.0. Invaders and Precursors are working as intended.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 04:13:13 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Zap0

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2021, 03:52:14 PM »
EDT: also forum keeps adding more and more spaces after periods with each edits. One is enough.

This will cease being a problem once you reach 10 posts, anti-spam measure of the forum prevents new accounts from posting links that way.

The following users thanked this post: Remilian