Author Topic: v2.0.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 1794 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
v2.0.3 Bugs Thread
« on: August 14, 2022, 05:26:15 AM »
Please post potential bugs in this thread for v2.0.3

First, please check the v2.1 changes list first to see if I already fixed it.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=13023.msg160934#msg160934

Also check the Known Issues post before posting so see if the problem has already been identified or is working as intended.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10637.0

'Me too' posts for unresolved bugs are fine as it shows they are affecting more than one person. Any extra information you can provide in 'me too' posts is very welcome.

Please do not post bugs from previous versions unless you confirm they are still present in v2.0.3 and are not already fixed in v2.1

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including:
The function number
The complete error text
The window affected
What you were doing at the time
Conventional or TN start
Random or Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 03:09:18 PM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: bro918

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Re: v2.0.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 09:01:47 AM »
Unexpected behaviour of NPR ships possibly from 2.0/2.0.1 onward

Game started with 2.0.1, updated to 2.0.2, updated to 2.0.3.

It is now game Year 18. I explored a dozen systems beforehand and in Year 13 found a previously unknown NPR had entered Alpha Centauri and created a refuel post on a planet there. I destroyed the NPRs forces and took the refuel post over. (Dwarf Planet Kain in Alpha Cent)

I keep picking up sensor signals ever since - task forces with military ships and exploration vessels that move along at 1 kms and only defend themselves when attacked.

I flipped the isNPR bit in the DB and found these fleets are all out of fuel. Discussion on Discord lead us to the point that we thought NPRs are not as seriously affected by 0 fuel as a player is and should at least move at half (or maybe 10%) speed. Is this a possible bug?

The only other DB change I did was changing the cost of the Terraforming Installation as suggested. I dont use Auroramod and I did start the game with the correct comma separator.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 09:05:25 AM by Demonius »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 09:22:01 AM »
Unexpected behaviour of NPR ships possibly from 2.0/2.0.1 onward

Game started with 2.0.1, updated to 2.0.2, updated to 2.0.3.

It is now game Year 18. I explored a dozen systems beforehand and in Year 13 found a previously unknown NPR had entered Alpha Centauri and created a refuel post on a planet there. I destroyed the NPRs forces and took the refuel post over. (Dwarf Planet Kain in Alpha Cent)

I keep picking up sensor signals ever since - task forces with military ships and exploration vessels that move along at 1 kms and only defend themselves when attacked.

I flipped the isNPR bit in the DB and found these fleets are all out of fuel. Discussion on Discord lead us to the point that we thought NPRs are not as seriously affected by 0 fuel as a player is and should at least move at half (or maybe 10%) speed. Is this a possible bug?

The only other DB change I did was changing the cost of the Terraforming Installation as suggested. I dont use Auroramod and I did start the game with the correct comma separator.

Yes, NPR ships should not go to zero when running out of fuel. However, I just realised that the change I made to max speed calculation for combat (running out of fuel now means a stationary target) is probably being applied to NPR ships for movement, which was unintended,
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 09:31:42 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline unkfester

• Silver Supporter
  • Discord Username: unkfester
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2022, 01:46:44 PM »
all my Orbital Miners are dying straight away because they are classed as military ( is this a bug or on purpose?).

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes
This design is classed as a Orbital Miner for auto-assignment purposes

I usually  start my empire with orbital miners but they are failing and exploding before I can even tow them to their respected asteroids/ comets, they have five modules on each, enough maintenance to fix one or two. In version 13, I did not have this problem.
If I take off all my Mining Modules it changes to civilian vessel.
I have included a screen shot

SJW: Working as intended. You need an engineering space for a design to be classed as commercial, as specified in the lower right of the screenshot.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 06:45:25 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2022, 02:02:40 PM »
all my Orbital Miners are dying straight away because they are classed as military ( is this a bug or on purpose?).

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes
This design is classed as a Orbital Miner for auto-assignment purposes

I usually  start my empire with orbital miners but they are failing and exploding before I can even tow them to their respected asteroids/ comets, they have five modules on each, enough maintenance to fix one or two. In version 13, I did not have this problem.
If I take off all my Mining Modules it changes to civilian vessel.
I have included a screen shot
It says it on your warnings screen. Commercial vessels must have at least one engineering station of 50 tons. You have 0. Also, you don't need deployment time greater than 3 for a commercial vessel.
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

The following users thanked this post: unkfester

Offline paolot

• p
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 02:06:55 PM »
Issue and solution.
Few years from the beginning of a game.
In the Commanders window, the filters to select the names to choose from included several names not present in the list on the left in the window.
Maybe the issue was originated by what I did during the race set-up: I had to rename all the initial names because of a wrong theme (from Japanese to Italian), and I changed some name more than one time. It seems to me that some of the filtered names were the ones not chosen in the Italian theme (no Japanese name is present in the filtered ones).
Closing and restarting the game has cleaned the list, and the filtered names are now all correct.

P.S.
I noticed several typos in the Italian names. How can I correct them?

SJW: Cannot reproduce. You can edit the Italian names in the DIM_CommanderNames tables.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 06:46:41 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline paolot

• p
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2022, 02:20:42 PM »
In the Naval Organization window, the button Leave Overhaul doesn't appear until a ship is selected.
When you select a ship, the button appears, but pressing it when a ship (whichever one) is selected a message appears saying "Please select a ship". To leave the overhaul, I have to select the fleet.
Already present in 2.0.2.

SJW: Fixed for v2.1
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 06:56:11 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2022, 02:30:54 PM »
It says it on your warnings screen. Commercial vessels must have at least one engineering station of 50 tons. You have 0. Also, you don't need deployment time greater than 3 for a commercial vessel.

It is worth noting this is a new change in v2.0, which is why a design that worked in 1.13 does not in 2.0.

Offline Demonius

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2022, 03:17:23 PM »
Partial Bug - you cant scrap fractional installations, like ones captured in opfor shipping lane freighters.

Error 3401 - wrong data entry format.

As you also cant construct 0.9 installations (I tried, it added 1 to the 1.1 refueling stations making it 2.1) you might get stuck with a useless fractional installation.

SJW: Fixed the issue with partial scrapping
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 12:26:27 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2022, 04:43:39 PM »
I assume this is working as intended, but I just wanna confirm it: Is it normal that CMCs don't actually use their mass driver to send the mineral packets?
I noticed one of my CMCs having a production of over 5k and thought that I may need to send them a second mass driver, since they only have a capacity of 5k, but then I noticed that there's absolutely no difference if there's one or two mass drivers on the CMC, the mineral packets contain the same amount, and then I also noticed that they continue to send packets just fine even if I delete all their mass drivers.

Either way this is actually nice, because it means you don't have to micromanage your CMCs and check if they need additional drivers.

SJW: Yes, that is working as intended. I didn't want civilians to worry about having to manage mass drivers and there is no real gameplay impact for players.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 07:00:08 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2022, 05:20:25 PM »
(This game was started on v2.0.2, then the v2.0.3 executable was dropped on it)

My naval and ground unit commanders are not getting promoted (or at least I only have them at the lowest rank).  No db edits or mods, but I did mess around with the ranks a bit at game start.  I used the US theme, but renamed the naval ranks so they started at Lieutenant (don't think I actually deleted or added a rank).  The ground commanders I deleted, I think, the lowest two ranks - leaving colonel as the lowest.  After doing that I regenerated the starting commanders.

db attached.

SJW: Are there commands for them to be promoted into? The promotion system changed for v2.0
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=12523.msg157362;topicseen#msg157362

mike2R: Ah, that'll be it - I do have unfilled naval admin commands, which is what I noticed as a problem.  But they are all set to O4 rank or higher, and all my current ships are O1 - from your link, I need to only have a 1 rank gap to allow for promotions.  Makes sense, thanks!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 08:54:24 AM by mike2R »

Offline paolot

• p
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2022, 10:57:16 AM »
In the Naval Organization window, the Logistics Report tab must be refreshed by hand, to show an updated situation.
Is it the intended behaviour?

SJW: Working as intended. If every tab of every open window was continually updated, it would slow the game down considerably.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 11:46:14 AM by Steve Walmsley »