Author Topic: Written Text Guide Website by 7w1 - working towards a Aurora Wiki V2  (Read 961 times)

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Hey guys am posting this for the user 7w1 who recently posted on the aurora discord the work hes done in starting development on written guides for getting into aurora 4x C#, this has inspired me to try to get peoples support and potential contributions thanks to this work being open source on github and with his blessing the more people the merrier, written tutorials will help many in the community and those outside of it to learn and get into aurora as everyone learns differently and with the current awful state of the wiki this is our chance to remake it in a better, cleaner, modern way with Aurora C# in mind, below is a link to the website and also pictures of how the site is currently set up.

7w1 is planning on setting up a page to tell people how they can contribute and I will post that here when available if you want to get into contact with them over this you can head on over to the aurora discord and message him there or comment here your feedback/what you want to see, he will likely be looking for any contribution people want to make from consulting on game mechanics and proof reading sections to writing parts of the website and just getting the word out and providing feedback.

https://7w1.github.io/ - Main site with the tutorials

The following users thanked this post: Impassive, Warer, nuclearslurpee

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
I may be interested in this, I'll have to check it out in more detail later when I have time.

However one thing I notice immediately is the use of a modded background for Aurora. I feel like this could be confusing to new people and for a general tutorial I think it would be more appropriate to use the default colors.

I would strongly suggest for user 7w1 to sign up for these forums to promote this work, I think it is key for such a project to be successful that it is promoted inclusively on all the major platforms for Aurora discussion to prevent splitting the community. Eric is usually pretty quick on the account creation so should not be a hindrance. The Aurora subreddit is also another place to make connections, there are not as many people who would be contributors there (who are not already on other platforms anyways) but many new players go there so it is a key on-ramp for promotion as well.

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
I believe he plans to make an account soonish, hes only recently himself gotten back into aurora and has put in an incredible amount of work setting everything up and starting to build this, also agree on the modded UI am sure the images can get changed out to the default to reduce any confusion

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Sorry this is a little off-topic but which UI mod is that? It looks kinda like solaris but not really...?