Author Topic: Official v5.40 Bugs Thread  (Read 12268 times)

Offline Smight

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
Re: Official v5.40 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011, 03:26:58 PM »
New exe works,

ty,

Offline a7v

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • a
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011, 03:33:51 PM »
Also works fine now

thanks Steve

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2011, 03:35:12 PM »
Even the error 70 something is now not showing up for me exelent stuff good sir!

Offline Deon

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2011, 04:22:14 PM »
Hello, I've just started to learn and only in the part 3 of the tutorial, and I've found a bug.   

In the F9 screen, when you switch to a gas giant from any planet, the "water avaliable" is carried along.     So if I switch from Earth, it says that Jupiter has water, and if I switch from Venus, it says the opposite.     Shouldn't it be N/A?

Also what's up with the lack of icons for planets/some moons? Simply a lack of photos? Can a user like me provide pictures?

P.  S.   I've noticed that /planetjpeg/ has a picture (M1) which looks like Earth.   Can I assign it to an earth and add other pictures, or should I wait for an update?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 04:24:35 PM by Deon »

Offline ndkid

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • n
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2011, 04:23:15 PM »
On the "really minor bug" list: when you fixed the assignment reporting upon death bug, it had the unintended consequence (I'm guessing) of causing the assignment to be printed in the event log, even when the medical problem doesn't kill the officer in question.

Offline Deon

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2011, 04:43:56 PM »
When I press "delete" in Class Design window a few times (probably more than designs I planned) it gives me a database error. 

P. S.  Same happens when I click checkboxes without pressing "new" first.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 04:45:29 PM by Deon »

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2011, 05:24:06 PM »
XP SP3 (The error on start up with 5.   30 is gone.   )

Got one while playing:
Code: [Select]
---------------------------
Error in CreateGameLog
---------------------------
Error 76 was generated by Aurora
Path not found
Displayed just before displaying the command assignment events on 1 Jan 2027, the first of such.    Was able to continue.    Will update if it happens again in 2029.   

I had clicked 5 days on the System Map and then clicked Event Updates on the windows task bar.    The first increment didn't have any events and this was the second.    No other Aurora windows were open (except the main one).   

Update: Happened again at the beginning of 2028.   24 month tours, so there were no command assignments, except one for a new officer.   Otherwise, same as before except that the second increment ended on Jan 3rd. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:13:02 PM by Ziusudra »

Offline Caplin

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2011, 09:25:05 PM »
I can confirm various problems with reduced height windows.  There are some controls which my screen reader's mouse movement can't reach, because they are off the nominal bottom of the 1280 by 800 screen.  Prime examples are the row of buttons at the bottom of the Leaders window, and the aforementioned economics buttons as well.
I am able to tab to some of these controls, though the tab order is more than a bit nonsensical.  Still, a fix for these windows would be great, as not being able to read all of them currently renders things tedious at best and unuseable at worst.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2011, 10:53:39 PM »
The good news: The 5.4 problems many others were having seem to be the same as the 5.3 problems I and a few others had, and seem to be fixed.

The bad news:  I just created a new conventional start game, then tried to delete the existing game "The Space Race" (as I always do).  I got an "Error 3052 was generated by DAO.Recordset.  File sharing lock count exceeded.  Increase MaxLocksPerFile registry entry." in cmdDeleteGame.  I checked the registry, and the value (in Jet) was 9500, so I didn't think bumping it up a little would do any good.  I've never seen this error before - is it possible that this is due to a weird resource leak?

John

Offline Caplin

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2011, 11:14:29 PM »
I can confirm the problem with deleting the game as well.  I wonder if this sneaked into 5.3 perhaps, and wasn't generally noticed because there was no sample game to delete in 5.3?

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2011, 11:17:43 PM »
On the "really minor bug" list: when you fixed the assignment reporting upon death bug, it had the unintended consequence (I'm guessing) of causing the assignment to be printed in the event log, even when the medical problem doesn't kill the officer in question.

I think its intentional since they are likely once contracting an illness to retire/die a lot earlier than a healthy officer. I like knowing who got what and if they were doing something important personally.

wilddog5

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2011, 08:35:27 AM »
There is only one expand civilian economy 20% (20k RP) in the research screen both for my new game and the space race
i had the Error 3052 was generated by DAO.Recordset.  File sharing lock count exceeded.  Increase MaxLocksPerFile registry entry when trying to delete the space race before i created a game

While writing this post i have saved my game and exchanged it with the one in the 5.4 patch file the space race has the expand civilian economy 20% at 10k RP and 40k RP but not the 20k RP

I think that the expand civilian economy 20% 20K RP is being hidden in the db and attempting to delete the space race deleted the other two causing the 20K to be seen as the first/ only tech in it's branch

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2011, 02:32:16 PM »
Steve,

When there are no Naval Personnel in the top rank ( showing as (0) in the menu ) then I keep getting the following error as the cursor seems to default to the highest rank on processing a turn .  The top rank at the commencement of the game is devoid of personnel -

Error in GetCommanderName
Error 94 was generated by Aurora
Invalid use of Null

Unquote

DavidR

Offline ndkid

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • n
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2011, 03:16:45 PM »
I haven't tried to replicate this to make sure I'm correct, but, in essence:

1) On the class design screen, mark the ship/PDC you're looking at as obsolete when "Hide Obsolete" is unchecked.
2) Check the "Hide Obsolete" checkbox.
3) When the Class Design screen repopulates with the next non-obsolete design, it does not appear to refresh the Available Components section based on whether you're looking at a ship or a PDC. So, if it's not what you were looking at when you clicked "Hide Obsolete", you end up with the wrong set of available components.

Probably just a quick add to the chkHideObsolete.Click event handler, give or take. :-)

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2011, 03:48:27 PM »
Reduced height windows are fine on a 1600x900 screen laptop.

Regards
IanD