Author Topic: Roguetech Question  (Read 5061 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Roguetech Question
« on: September 01, 2019, 07:41:12 AM »
I just downloaded Roguetech (the mod that completely overhauls the Battletech game) and I'm trying to learn the terminology. Can't find the answer I need in the forums, so I thought someone on here might know :)

In Mech Engineer (see below), the armour has a TP cost and a CB cost. Anyone know what TP and CB stand for?

https://roguetech.gamepedia.com/Understanding_Mech_Engineer

Offline King-Salomon

• Lieutenant
Re: Roguetech Question
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 09:02:20 AM »
Armor Types.
Please Note TP refers to Tech Point and CB refers to C Bill

same page you have Steve in the "Armor Type" section as headline...

the link to C Bill gives this page: https://www.sarna.net/wiki/C-Bill

PS: don't have the game or the mod myself but I hope this answeres the question

C-Bill is the nomenclature for the more common standard of payment between governments and inter-state traders. The term is shortened from 'ComStar bill'.  [/qoute]

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 09:14:39 AM »
Armor Types.
Please Note TP refers to Tech Point and CB refers to C Bill

same page you have Steve in the "Armor Type" section as headline...

the link to C Bill gives this page: https://www.sarna.net/wiki/C-Bill

PS: don't have the game or the mod myself but I hope this answeres the question

C-Bill is the nomenclature for the more common standard of payment between governments and inter-state traders. The term is shortened from 'ComStar bill'.  [/qoute]

Thanks! No idea how I missed that :)

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 03:07:32 PM »
I'm playing it and I'm not sure I like it. No, that's not about the hit percentages  ;D

That's about the abysmal speed of the mod. In battle, there are only combat rounds, with validation even if you sprint. Map are just huge. I have spent 5 full turns approaching the enemy, with several seconds of delay between each move, because my ally takes 5+ seconds to make a simple move.
Even in the mech bay, you need 10 seconds to access a mech.

And I have a very powerful PC, almost latest video card and tons of RAM, CPU is also recent.

Is there something I should know, like playing with some effects disabled, although I doubt that will speed up the AI or mech bay access.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 03:47:18 AM »
I'm playing it and I'm not sure I like it. No, that's not about the hit percentages  ;D

That's about the abysmal speed of the mod. In battle, there are only combat rounds, with validation even if you sprint. Map are just huge. I have spent 5 full turns approaching the enemy, with several seconds of delay between each move, because my ally takes 5+ seconds to make a simple move.
Even in the mech bay, you need 10 seconds to access a mech.

And I have a very powerful PC, almost latest video card and tons of RAM, CPU is also recent.

Is there something I should know, like playing with some effects disabled, although I doubt that will speed up the AI or mech bay access.

Are you using the large map options in Mission Control? You can turn that off in installation. Also there are some problems with the speed of the AI, which the devs are trying to fix for the next patch. I've not had any issues in the mech bay, but I think there are some memory leak issues so I tend to restart the game occasionally to clear them.

Offline LoSboccacc

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 06:11:19 AM »
from the roguetech discord you can get the reworked roguetech 4 ai that works in 3.3, search for the mod called clevergirl

about large maps: I love/hate them. in the normal maps reinforcement drops on one move distance from you and prevent any kind of strategic positioning in those defend missions; in large map approaching an enemy with a full lance is 5 turn of tediously moving around the fast bot at the front to keep their evasion up until the slower bots catch up and the engagement can begin.

if you could have variable maps according to the mission it'd be great..

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 09:13:58 AM »
from the roguetech discord you can get the reworked roguetech 4 ai that works in 3.3, search for the mod called clevergirl

about large maps: I love/hate them. in the normal maps reinforcement drops on one move distance from you and prevent any kind of strategic positioning in those defend missions; in large map approaching an enemy with a full lance is 5 turn of tediously moving around the fast bot at the front to keep their evasion up until the slower bots catch up and the engagement can begin.

if you could have variable maps according to the mission it'd be great..

I'm using the Roguetech test version at the moment (that works with the 1.7 patch), rather than the current official Roguetech version 3.3 (for Battletech 1.6.2).

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 09:43:54 AM »
Yes I was using Large Maps. This is very tedious, the approach phase. Also the AI thinking is not optimized, I have read on the forum it uses a brute force approach to calc the interest of each hex and each weapon firing, so the time to use goes exponential on big maps.

Can I have the normal maps while having up to 2 lances at once?

I'm playing in parallel BTA. This is closer to vanilla admittedly, but still, this is quite an overhaul in any case and perhaps a good middle-ground; Still undecided though. Perhaps I'll launch a new RT campaign when the version is officially out.