Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 272854 times)

Offline Wieseltrupp

• Chief Petty Officer
  • W
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2020, 04:18:31 AM »
Would it be possible to either show the Research Project of a retiring Scientist or include a event about canceled Research Projects?

The following users thanked this post: Earthrise

Offline lupin-de-mid

• Petty Officer
  • l
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2020, 04:22:59 AM »
Right now if I type text in dropdown list it scrollled to first element
May be it's possible to filtering all items

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2020, 04:54:26 AM »
Not entirely sure if this is a bug or missing feature or what.
But there doesn't seem to be a way to see which class designed might be build in same shipyard as each other
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

The following users thanked this post: db48x, Marslettuce, YABG, Wieseltrupp

so_noid

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2020, 04:59:16 AM »
If downloads are through user mirrors can the author give a crc/sha/md5sum of the releases?

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2020, 06:10:24 AM »
Now that there are 9 categories of research, it'd be nice if the category dropdown on the research page had room for 9 rows :)

Thanks!

The following users thanked this post: nhb1986, JuergenSchT, YABG, Earthrise

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2020, 06:44:12 AM »
When selecting a new commander for either a ship, ground force unit, or planet, it would be amazing to be able to see, which commander is already in place, in order to determine whether the selected commander would be a better choice.

It might be a tight fit so get another window in there, but perhaps one of the existing windows could be repurposed for this? Possibly the medal window, where you can choose to have it display either medals or a shortened version of the commander of the selected ship/unit/planet.

The following users thanked this post: Marslettuce, serger, Alsadius, Resand

Offline dr125

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2020, 06:55:56 AM »
Quote from: Tunsku link=topic=10640. msg121333#msg121333 date=1586720467
Quote from: dr125 link=topic=10640.  msg121322#msg121322 date=1586719373
As one of those with a 1366x768 screen, is there any chance of a "can move the screen around" option? Obviously not now as I am sure bug-squashing takes priority.    I can open everything up and so on, but the buttons at the bottom don't even show up.    Another monitor isn't really an option at the moment.   
>move taskbar to the side
>move the windows up with the mouse to peek at the buttons
>window scaling in settings? I have heard that might work.

I have done the first two, but the problem is that the bottom of the screen literally doesn't generate.  I can move tho application around, but buttons/bottom of the screen won't be there on tall screens.  The scaling doesn't work as 100% is the lowest it can go.  I would need to have something like 80% for the screen to small enough.  FWIW, the things you mentioned work great for VB6 Aurora with the "Reduced Window Height" option. 

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2020, 07:46:20 AM »
An option to expand/collapse everything in the windows that have nested hierarchies (commanders, colonies, fleets, class design etc.)

The following users thanked this post: Doren, Frank Jager, Alsadius, nhb1986

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2020, 08:32:31 AM »
Would be nice to see unused % capacity in construction screen

The following users thanked this post: Sigarr, King-Salomon

Offline Veneke

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2020, 08:44:31 AM »
Can an option be added to copy the design of a ground formation?

I find that I use the same protection detail for my geo/xeno/construction ground forces. Being able to copy one and then just swap out the different vehicles would be quicker.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2020, 08:51:08 AM »
I would like to have the range tool from the tactical map back if possible... I often used that in VB6 Aurora.

If pressing shift and the left mouse button we should be able to use the range tool instead of moving the map around, or something like that.

The following users thanked this post: Doren, mike2R, nhb1986, L0ckAndL0ad, Earthrise

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2020, 09:04:34 AM »
When re-training scientists to a new field their research bonus is reduced by 75%.  However this lets you generate scientists with bonuses which aren't a multiple of 5, could it be changed so that it rounds (or rounds down) to the nearest 5? Given scientists gain bonuses in steps of 5 it would stop them from being permanently 'the odd one out'.

The following users thanked this post: YABG

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2020, 09:06:19 AM »
When you start conventional wouldn't it make sense that you could build conventional industry until you have researched TN Tech? Would make sense in terms of role play at least to boost your production capacities... .

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2020, 09:06:33 AM »
A few suggestions based on just some short game play:

- When starting on a conventional game I noted that all of my officers and admin started at 20 years old. Seems like there are some serious over achievers in my navy! I've also seen officers retiring at the age of 31 or 32 which also seems pretty slack. Perhaps add five years to the age of a person for each rank they have?

- The ship design screen does not remember the selection of wide screen, same with full height on the events tab. Would be good if it did.

- The creation of the first CMC causes the game to research and generate a garrison force template with units. This gives that unit low gravity capability and is available in the list of templates to build. Would suggest this does not generate an available template and if possible the log that shows the research done is just left in the background.

- The width of the events log seems a lot to me and could do with the event detail section squeezed by 3 or 4 centimetres so more space for the tactical map (Hopefully once the issue with the resized otactical map not centring is resolved.).

- A last thought which I will probably be shot for is that the game is now so fast a five day tick scrolls the the events log faster than can be ready so hard to see when to manually interrupt auto turns. Possibly having an option to set a minimum tick process time to begin with would help with that.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 09:09:02 AM by chrislocke2000 »

The following users thanked this post: smoelf, Vivalas

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2020, 09:34:59 AM »
Two more suggestions

On the minerals tab on the tactical display a button to expand all entries would be helpful to quickly scroll through the list and avoid a lot of clicking.

Also on the tactical display the minerals as text tab does not have a scroll functionality so hard to look through although can be made to scroll by highlighting the text and dragging outside of of the box.