Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 272805 times)

Offline Luftwolfe

• Leading Rate
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2020, 03:24:28 PM »
I'm not sure if it has been suggested before but it would very much appreciated to have the ability to remove awards from officers, either for RP reasons or otherwise.  Sometimes I didn't mean for an officer to get an award, so it would be nice to have an "undo", so to speak.

The following users thanked this post: serger, Alsadius, YABG

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2020, 03:26:18 PM »
I would like to see a fighter-sized refueling component. It would have to have a very slow flow rate, or maybe be restricted to fighter-sized craft, but it would allow someone to create very small refuelers for as part of a carrier air wing.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, serger, Alsadius, Peregrine, L0ckAndL0ad, Earthrise, Luftwolfe

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2020, 03:34:11 PM »
Could you please add a default event color button like in VB and just use the colors you have set for the campaign the download comes with? That would be super awesome.

The following users thanked this post: mike2R, Indefatigable, serger, nhb1986

Offline bombastico

• Leading Rate
  • b
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2020, 04:01:32 PM »
It would be possible to add a little "Memo" tab right among the various "Display" tabs?
It would be useful to write down notes and memos to be check after a game loading. . .  so there will be no danger of disrupting your game thoughts. . .  like "check survey status in system X" or "terraform Titan" or "remember JP stabilisation in system x". . . 

The following users thanked this post: Alsadius, Earthrise

Offline Coleslaw

• I got the Versacis on, stop playin'!
  • Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2020, 04:10:00 PM »
An option to include Naval Admin Commands alongside the auto assignment checkbox, so that you don't have to go through your entire hierarchy and make sure it's properly populated with commanders. You could probably just have the admin command take someone whose skills match the type of admin command it is. I.e., a logistics command would automatically have a high logistics naval commander assigned.

Edit: Likewise with colony/sector admins, but in this case you select one or more preferred skill(s) for the position.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 05:15:10 PM by Coleslaw35 »

The following users thanked this post: Sigarr, YABG, Energyz

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2020, 04:30:32 PM »
I might be missing something, but would be cool to see Hierarchy option in Ground Forces Formation Templates.

Basically you can set up for example a "1x INF Corps -> 3x INF Divisions -> 3x INF Battalions" standard hierarchy and can then select a ticbox "include subunits in training" in GU Training which allows you to instead of training an empty Corps trains INF Corps + 3x INF Divisions + 9x INF Battalions and deliver them in the assigned hierarchy into your OOB when finished.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 04:32:47 PM by alex_brunius »

The following users thanked this post: backstab, mike2R, Droll, Alsadius, YABG

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2020, 05:22:59 PM »
I might be missing something, but would be cool to see Hierarchy option in Ground Forces Formation Templates.

Basically you can set up for example a "1x INF Corps -> 3x INF Divisions -> 3x INF Battalions" standard hierarchy and can then select a ticbox "include subunits in training" in GU Training which allows you to instead of training an empty Corps trains INF Corps + 3x INF Divisions + 9x INF Battalions and deliver them in the assigned hierarchy into your OOB when finished.

Ive already suggested this in a previous versions suggestions but you've worded it much better than mine lol ;D

Offline Disguy

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2020, 05:35:09 PM »
Did not read the whole thread. 

Get we get "Design Warnings" for the new dependencies:

Sorium Harvesting without fuel transfer, etc

The following users thanked this post: YABG

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2020, 06:19:41 PM »

But I will always have a dedicated tanker harvesting fuel from my harvesting bases and delivering it to my colonies.

Offline GhostIsGone

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2020, 06:21:10 PM »
Right now it's not possible to add research projects to the queue with a different scientist from the ongoing project. It would be nice if I could queue projects from different scientists, otherwise, I can't use the queue when I want to research a PP project and a sensors project next.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2020, 06:21:18 PM »

If anything it should be checking the tanker box and not having the new fuel transfer comp.

The following users thanked this post: YABG

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2020, 06:37:54 PM »

If anything it should be checking the tanker box and not having the new fuel transfer comp.

I believe that is what Disguy was suggesting -- Tankers without fuel transfer, freighters without cargo shuttles, colliers without ordnance transfer, etc.

The following users thanked this post: YABG, Disguy

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2020, 07:06:07 PM »
Some sort of delimiter in the ship type droplist between the abbreviation and the type for clarity purposes.

Offline Peregrine

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • P
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2020, 07:38:23 PM »
An ability to mass assign civilian economy orders to several colonies at once.     

For example, I just finished surveying a new system's asteroid belt and I want my civilian transports to ship a mass driver and 10 automated mines to each asteroid colony.  As of the latest patch, I must select each colony one by one, add each installation type individually, and input the desired amount of installations for every single asteroid/comet.  For sizeable systems the amount of colonies can get into hundreds.   

Also, perhaps, make the dropdowns in the civilian economy menu remember the last installation selection when a different colony is selected?

Edit: A button to flag all installations currently at the colony as available for pick up by the civilians would also be nice.  For examplem when the asteroid from the example above has been strip mined, I will just have to click that button for those installations to be picked up and utilized elsewhere.   
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 07:48:50 PM by Peregrine »

The following users thanked this post: DFNewb, mike2R

Offline TacticalStats

• Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2020, 09:56:13 PM »
Just an idea.  I spend an hour setting up my medals, names and promotion points.  An update is great.  Don't mind starting over.  Just would be nice to be able to save that group of medals into the next game file.  Not sure how easy that is.

The following users thanked this post: nhb1986