Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 272823 times)

Offline yourITguy

• Petty Officer
  • y
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2020, 08:06:00 PM »
Quote from: Father Tim link=topic=10640. msg125470#msg125470 date=1587250920
Quote from: yourITguy link=topic=10640. msg125435#msg125435 date=1587247077
Okay, one more.   I never can remember which fleet a certain ship is in, so it would be great if the event log would include that information for things like low fuel/MSP warnings.   For example, for low fuel, we currently get something like this:

"Benedict Allen has only 17.  1 percent of its maximum fuel (389 072 litres)"

It would be great if it said this instead:

"Benedict Allen in SRV-01 has only 17.  1 percent of its maximum fuel (389 072 litres)"

If you double-click the event on the event window it should take you to the individual unit details window, with the Benedict Allen selected.

I did not know double-clicking rows in the event window did anything, so thanks for that; however, when I tried double-clicking it just zooms to it in the main display, but I can right click on it from there and pull it up in the fleet organization window, which is nice.  That does help a lot, though if there are more than one there it would only narrow it down.  So, I still think that ideally, the event should include the fleet name.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #241 on: April 18, 2020, 08:15:17 PM »
Let us make divisions in the military so I can create a Peace Keeper division alongside the main Military. All RP.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.  Ground forces can be renamed at will and dragged-and-dropped around into whatever organization you desire.  Likewise, new admin commands can be created and named practically anything and have any sorts of ships assigned to them.

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #242 on: April 18, 2020, 08:28:34 PM »
There should be a clear interrupt when something happens to someone on a non auto-assign position. Say a scientist, administrator or admin comand officer dies or retires, there should be an interrupt telling so, it's too easy to forget about that stuff.

The following users thanked this post: Alsadius

Offline johiah

• Petty Officer
  • j
« Reply #243 on: April 18, 2020, 08:31:11 PM »
This has already been suggested most likely but it would be nice if opening a window you already have open just updates the window.  (I'm looking at *you,* galactic map on another screen!)

Offline Bubbaisagod

• Petty Officer
« Reply #244 on: April 18, 2020, 09:30:59 PM »
When you click on a surveyed planet in the system generation and display section, you can see the mineral amount.
I was wondering if it is possible to display the total mineral amount of all the surveyed planets in system
when you click the parent star. 
It would make it easier to determine whether or not the exploitation of a star system is worth it.

Thanks,
Bubbaisagod

Offline Vasious

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • V
« Reply #245 on: April 18, 2020, 11:01:02 PM »
Going from the bug report where Officers of a higher rank than the rank assigned to a ship or formation not being assigned to an unoccupied command when unassigned themselves as WAI

Any possibility of being able to assign a range of ranks to a Command?

So for instance a Formation of  Platoon could be set as R9 Captain, And R10 Lieutenant using the R9s first then filling the remainder of any Formations requiring a Commander?

Offline Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #246 on: April 19, 2020, 08:59:27 AM »
Can we get the "Select name" option from ship classes for ground units too? I tend to use generic names for infantry, but I like naming my tanks and installations, and the code is already built.

Offline prunkstation

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
« Reply #247 on: April 19, 2020, 12:58:18 PM »
I propose a new button in the Research tab of the Economics window: when a queued Research Project is selected, the new "Promote" button would swap it with the currently active project for that Project Leader.

Where the button could be: https://i. imgur. com/AFsL0iW. png

The following users thanked this post: majorT

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #248 on: April 19, 2020, 02:18:19 PM »
When running auto turns and you get an interrupt, maybe trigger a game save at that point?

The following users thanked this post: stabliser

Offline TheBawkHawk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
« Reply #249 on: April 19, 2020, 02:38:14 PM »
When running auto turns and you get an interrupt, maybe trigger a game save at that point?

I would like this, but perhaps make it a toggled feature.

The following users thanked this post: stabliser

Offline GreyGoldFish

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • G
« Reply #250 on: April 19, 2020, 03:27:06 PM »
I would like it if we were able to set a standing order for refuel AND resupply at the same time.  There's a movement order that does that, so why not a standing order?

Also, I don't know if this isn't done for balance reasons, but perhaps overhauling a ship could also mean refueling and resupplying?

Cheers, and thanks for the awesome game.

The following users thanked this post: JacenHan, Barkhorn, stabliser

Offline Pedroig

• Lt. Commander
  • P
« Reply #251 on: April 19, 2020, 03:34:56 PM »
I would like it if we were able to set a standing order for refuel AND resupply at the same time.  There's a movement order that does that, so why not a standing order?

Also, I don't know if this isn't done for balance reasons, but perhaps overhauling a ship could also mean refueling and resupplying?

Cheers, and thanks for the awesome game.

This, so this.  Not sure why one wouldn't fill the tanks back up after cleaning them out in the first place...
si vis pacem, para bellum

The following users thanked this post: GreyGoldFish

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #252 on: April 19, 2020, 04:12:30 PM »
Can you put an Anomalies tab in the Galaxy Map screen?

Offline stabliser

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #253 on: April 19, 2020, 07:29:13 PM »
Could there be a variable delay delay option built in to time increments so we can simulate VB 6.0

I dont have time to make coffee between 5 day turns anymore.

Offline Hazard

• Commodore
  • H
« Reply #254 on: April 19, 2020, 07:35:28 PM »
The ability to assign 'keep this much' values to delivery orders. I don't want to empty my tankers when they deliver the bounty of fuel harvesting stations to a colony, I want to keep some fuel for the next trip so I don't have to babysit them.