Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 272865 times)

Offline Migi

• Captain
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #255 on: April 19, 2020, 08:16:52 PM »
The ability to assign 'keep this much' values to delivery orders. I don't want to empty my tankers when they deliver the bounty of fuel harvesting stations to a colony, I want to keep some fuel for the next trip so I don't have to babysit them.
Set the minimum fuel for the tankers in the Class Design window (in the Misc tab).

Suggestion: Minimum fuel should be in % and should have a default value of 10%.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 08:18:36 PM by Migi »

The following users thanked this post: Harold65, Scud

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #256 on: April 20, 2020, 03:54:58 AM »
I would love to see the conditional and standing orders systems be able to call an Order Template.

The following users thanked this post: Scud, Energyz

Offline trainhighway

• Gold Supporter
  • Leading Rate
  • t
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #257 on: April 20, 2020, 05:58:44 AM »
I would like to see a conditional order for when a ship had exceeded it deployment time.   Its super easy for a deployment to run long if its a vessel with several years of deployment. 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 06:03:52 AM by trainhighway »

Online db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #258 on: April 20, 2020, 07:59:25 AM »
I'd like to see buttons for adding and removing fuel from a class design in 1t increments, without having to fiddle with adding and removing fuel tanks to get the right combination.

Shaun Broderick

« Reply #259 on: April 20, 2020, 10:21:29 AM »
Not sure if this has been suggested before, or if it would be possible, but I would love to see an option when creating a new game to have just the inner systems of the solar system surveyed.  Maybe out as far as Jupiter, or even out as far as Pluto, rather than having the whole of the system surveyed, as it is if you select the Home System Geo Surveyed checkbox on the Create New Race screen.  This would make a lot of sense to do, as IRL we already know a lot about the planetary bodies in our Solar System, through many years of sending probes, robotic vehicles, and manned missions to the moon, not to mention the planned manned mission to Mars.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #260 on: April 20, 2020, 11:42:39 AM »
Could the Events window remember the changes to text colours between sessions . At present every time I open the game the text colours have reverted to the default white and i then have to change the colours to my own preferences so I can easily see when I need to take action.

DavidR

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #261 on: April 20, 2020, 11:46:21 AM »
must be a Problem on your side, mine has consistently kept the selected Colors

The following users thanked this post: davidr

Offline UberWaffe

• Chief Petty Officer
  • U
« Reply #262 on: April 20, 2020, 11:51:39 AM »
Ship component cost: Adjustments only affect wealth cost

Suggestion:
TN mineral cost of components would only be adjusted (increased / decreased) based on component size (HS).
All other adjustments such as for techs and modifiers, would only affect the complexity (wealth cost / build time).
HS size changes will still affect Wealth cost of component.
Wealth cost would also not be used when calculating the maintenance points / upkeep of a component.
Make the scaling of increased cost more severe (it only affects Wealth) for these adjustments & tech levels.

Reason:
Would give more uses to Wealth (throughout game).
Would allow for better techs to be more TN mineral 'efficient'.
Better immersion (maybe) in terms of better technology feeling less like a game of 'Tetris-for-fitting-more-TN-into-the-same-volume-for-more-space-magic'.
Would help delay late game TN mineral starvation.
Wealth, while reserves and income are limited, is infinite.  And can be scaled up via Technology or more colonies.

Example:
Consider the following two engine designs (under the current system)

Code: [Select]
Ion Engine (Tech 4)
Engine Power 125.00      Fuel Use Per Hour 125.00 Litres
Fuel Consumption per Engine Power Hour 1 Litres
Size 10 HS  (500 tons)      HTK 3
Thermal Signature 125.0      Explosion Chance 10%      Max Explosion Size 31
Cost 62.50      Crew 10
Military Engine
Development Cost 625 RP

Materials Required
Gallicite  62.50

Code: [Select]
Conventional Engine (Tech 1)
Engine Power 10.00      Fuel Use Per Hour 10.00 Litres
Fuel Consumption per Engine Power Hour 1 Litres
Size 10 HS  (500 tons)      HTK 3
Thermal Signature 10.0      Explosion Chance 10%      Max Explosion Size 2
Cost 5.00      Crew 10
Military Engine
Development Cost 50 RP

Materials Required
Gallicite  5.00

Note that the Ion Engine is x8,3 more expensive in terms of Gallicite, since it has x8,3 times the Engine Power.

Currently if I increase the power (from 100% to 150%) of the Ion engine, then the Gallicite cost goes up from (100% to 150%), along with increased fuel cost and such.

Similarly, if I adjust power down, or tech the TN cost changes along with it.

The suggestion would be that the TN cost is based purely on HS of the component (with a base cost of somewhere in the region of the fourth tech in the series for this component. )
And all other adjustments to the engine only adjusts wealth (though more severely. )

So all engine techs would cost 4 Gallicite per HS, from Tech 1 to final tech.
But for wealth while Tech 1 might only cost 1 wealth per HS, tech 6 (Ion) might cost 7,59 Wealth per HS, and tech 15 (Photonic) would cost 291,92 wealth per HS.
I used 1,5 ^ (Level - 1), but that is just as example.  The actual scale can be whatever.  I would make it a database column, so it can be fine tuned as needed.

For things like the "Engine Power" dropdown, the adjustment to the Wealth cost could follow the same formulae as the fuel efficiency calculation (More power means quickly scaling more cost, less power means diminishing cost savings. )

Etc.  etc.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #263 on: April 20, 2020, 12:31:34 PM »
Demonius,

many thanks

OK - I was only changing the text colour and not the background colour . I have changed both and it looks as if it does indeed remember the changes.

DavidR

Offline Indefatigable

• Chief Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #264 on: April 20, 2020, 01:05:23 PM »
UI:
Ability to hide selected medals.
Let's say your guy has collected 5 different grades of same research medal for life long science career, you could hide the 4 first lower grade medals and only show the highest one.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 11:25:48 AM by Indefatigable »

Offline hopeless4xnoob

• Petty Officer
  • h
« Reply #265 on: April 20, 2020, 01:30:57 PM »
Way, way way down the line...some changes for flavor would be appreciated. For instance, some flavor text like, "Are you sure you would like to award these contracts?" when deciding on research projects would be cool.

Of course, not everyone cares about this...but the option to have stuff like this would be cool.

Also, the ability for the game to remember company names that we input when designing components. That may be already implemented or on the road map. I'm not sure.

The following users thanked this post: thashepherd

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #266 on: April 20, 2020, 01:40:30 PM »
Ability to hide selected medals:
Let's say your guy has collected 5 different grades of same research medal for life long science career, you could hide the 4 first lower grade medals and only show the highest one.

Kind of along the same lines, I'd like to be able to flag medals as not being worthy of an event when awarded - I like long service medals, its a cool feature... but I don't need 99.5% of all citation events to be for them.

The following users thanked this post: Alsadius

Offline mtm84

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #267 on: April 20, 2020, 03:49:29 PM »
Demonius,

many thanks

OK - I was only changing the text colour and not the background colour . I have changed both and it looks as if it does indeed remember the changes.

DavidR

I believe there was or still is a bug where it would save if you changed the background color or both colors, but not when you changed only the text color.

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #268 on: April 20, 2020, 08:06:20 PM »
Please add an interrupt for maintenance failures on ships.

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #269 on: April 20, 2020, 08:54:53 PM »
Warn if a ship design has engines but no fuel tanks.

Warn if a ship design has Sorium harvesters but no fuel tanks, unless fuel can be directly unloaded to another ship like Salvage Modules can do?

The ability to assign 'keep this much' values to delivery orders. I don't want to empty my tankers when they deliver the bounty of fuel harvesting stations to a colony, I want to keep some fuel for the next trip so I don't have to babysit them.
Set the minimum fuel for the tankers in the Class Design window (in the Misc tab).

Suggestion: Minimum fuel should be in % and should have a default value of 10%.
While I have no objections to a 10% default, my super-tankers typically have around a 0.1% reserve limit so expressing it as a percentage is unworkable.  Liters is the number that I actually want.