Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 272857 times)

Offline Migi

• Captain
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #270 on: April 20, 2020, 09:06:23 PM »
Warn if a ship design has engines but no fuel tanks.

Warn if a ship design has Sorium harvesters but no fuel tanks, unless fuel can be directly unloaded to another ship like Salvage Modules can do?

I support those 2 additions.

While I have no objections to a 10% default, my super-tankers typically have around a 0.1% reserve limit so expressing it as a percentage is unworkable.  Liters is the number that I actually want.

You could have a radio button to change between percent and absolute.
Trying to have a default value in absolute units would be unworkable, but having a default value of 0 litres causes lots of posts in the bugs thread so something needs to be done, like the cargo shuttles needed for unloading.

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #271 on: April 20, 2020, 09:40:19 PM »
Warn if a ship design has engines but no fuel tanks.

Warn if a ship design has Sorium harvesters but no fuel tanks, unless fuel can be directly unloaded to another ship like Salvage Modules can do?

I support those 2 additions.

While I have no objections to a 10% default, my super-tankers typically have around a 0.1% reserve limit so expressing it as a percentage is unworkable.  Liters is the number that I actually want.

You could have a radio button to change between percent and absolute.
Trying to have a default value in absolute units would be unworkable, but having a default value of 0 litres causes lots of posts in the bugs thread so something needs to be done, like the cargo shuttles needed for unloading.
Such an option, or just allowing the user to enter a number with a % sign, is acceptable.

There is a popup message when the tanker option is selected and the minimum is set to 10% of current capacity.  You only get 0 if you select 'Tanker' before you add fuel tanks.

I don't want it changing it behind my back when I add or remove tanks if I've specified an absolute number, but using a calculated minimum if a percentage was specified would be acceptable.

Suggestion:  Allow a number with a % in the Minimum Fuel field, in which case it means 'that percentage of the design maximum'.  Default to '10%', but also allow the user to specify an absolute number in liters.

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #272 on: April 20, 2020, 10:54:33 PM »
Class Design screen:
For tankers, add another line to show the range and endurance for minimum fuel amount.

Offline surprise

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #273 on: April 20, 2020, 10:58:32 PM »
Class design:

It would be nice if we could see the tech description for the selected component somewhere

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #274 on: April 20, 2020, 11:28:13 PM »
Economics window:
When not running as SM, if there isn't enough IRP left for a tech then it should reduce the remaining cost by that amount rather than giving the whole tech.  IE if you have 200 IRP left and you Instant a 10000RP tech, it should only apply 200 RP to it instead of the full 10k.

The following users thanked this post: Earthrise

Offline firsal

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • f
« Reply #275 on: April 20, 2020, 11:39:04 PM »
Just upgraded my entire ground force from conventional to TN tech, and oh boy it was a pain to manually drag and drop elements for 72 ground units. A refit to template feature would be an amazing QoL improvement.

Also, it would be great if we could set minimum and maximum ranks for ships and ground units; the current auto-assignment system removes officers from their commands upon promotion. This would be useful for force structures where multiple ranks can hold the same command; for example, in my game both Majors and Lt. Colonels (lowest 2 ground force commander ranks) can command battalions, since I have a lot of the smaller formations and relatively few of the higher commands.

Even better would be the ability to set the ratio of higher ranks to lower ranks; e.g. 5 majors to 1 colonel, in determining when an officer gets promoted or not. This might be useful for ground force officers, since they usually have a set force structure (5 battalions to a regiment, 4 regiments to a division, so on and so forth).

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #276 on: April 21, 2020, 12:56:56 AM »
Economics window, Research tab.

Projects in the Research Queue aren't in any particular order.

Suggestion:  Group the queue by scientist, with scientists in the same order as the active project list.

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #277 on: April 21, 2020, 03:07:44 AM »
Minor QoL suggestion:

I absolutely love the prototype feature - it makes designing ships so much more pleasant.

What would make it an even smoother process would be if any prototypes set to be researched would appear in a temporary research category - ie below Power and Propulsion you get Researchable Prototypes, and in that you get duplicate listings for all researchable prototypes.  Then once you've settled on a design, you could just go there and quickly allocate labs to them.

Offline rbltiz23

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • r
« Reply #278 on: April 21, 2020, 04:21:46 AM »
Quote from: mike2R link=topic=10640. msg126411#msg126411 date=1587456464
Minor QoL suggestion:

I absolutely love the prototype feature - it makes designing ships so much more pleasant.

What would make it an even smoother process would be if any prototypes set to be researched would appear in a temporary research category - ie below Power and Propulsion you get Researchable Prototypes, and in that you get duplicate listings for all researchable prototypes.   Then once you've settled on a design, you could just go there and quickly allocate labs to them.

this + maybe a button in the class design window to set for research all prototypes in highlighted design.

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #279 on: April 21, 2020, 04:29:09 AM »
Quote from: mike2R link=topic=10640. msg126411#msg126411 date=1587456464
Minor QoL suggestion:

What would make it an even smoother process would be if any prototypes set to be researched would appear in a temporary research category - ie below Power and Propulsion you get Researchable Prototypes, and in that you get duplicate listings for all researchable prototypes.   Then once you've settled on a design, you could just go there and quickly allocate labs to them.

this + maybe a button in the class design window to set for research all prototypes in highlighted design.

Oh that would be really nice...

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #280 on: April 21, 2020, 05:48:53 AM »
Any "jobless" population should try to find a job. They will do that in the service industry. So any planet will see an increase in people working in service industry, if you don't provide them with jobs in your manufacturing of "military assets". But of course you will increase your production over time, which then will lead to a demand for jobs. If there are more people in the service industry than in default Aurora, people will begin to leave their service jobs and join your "asset production" (because you pay way better than those lousy service companies, of course). Once the numbers working in service is down to Aurora default, no more people will come working for you (hey, at some point service is needed and people prefer to keep their living standards - as well as certain amount of people don't like the military industrial complex).

I would love to see more basegame mechanics like this. Maybe there is a benefit in termins of money income if more people work in services, so the moment you try to get them working for you, you will strangle your money income, so you have to begin building financial centers, allow more trade, etc.

The following users thanked this post: serger, ral02, Earthrise

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #281 on: April 21, 2020, 09:16:02 AM »
A larger engineering space would be nice now that larger ships are quite viable (compared to VB). A two year maint 25k ton ship requires 20 engineering, so a 100kt ship could need 100. Something like a 250t or 500t engineering space would be nice.

Offline lupin-de-mid

• Petty Officer
  • l
« Reply #282 on: April 21, 2020, 09:25:09 AM »
To build first jump drive is necessary to research first level in
Max Jump Squadron Size
Max Squadron Jump Radius
Jump Drive Efficiency.

May be it's better to replace all 3 this with simple "Jump Drive" with total cost as sum of this 3

Offline Pedroig

• Lt. Commander
  • P
« Reply #283 on: April 21, 2020, 09:52:10 AM »
Or have a Single Ship only Jump Drive be the first one unlocked...
si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #284 on: April 21, 2020, 10:56:59 AM »
On the Minerals window, I'd love to have an extra column for "Total", so that I can limit my search to, e.g., planets with at least 4 total accessibility, or at least a million units of total minerals.

The following users thanked this post: DIT_grue, smoelf